help with line in plugin please...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with line in plugin please...

hi yeh i just found an old sony in dash mini disc player lying around at home and thought "cool, i'll hook my pc audio out to the aux in on this, and then i'll have radio!!!" then found out it only has a proprietory aux in/bus system and it will cost me more to buy a PIC programmer and hardware than it would to buy on of those HQCT things...

so then i thought.. ok... i'll hook the output from the tuner to the line in of the PC and use the winamp line-in plugin to get it to play... so i try that. when i open the radio_player.skin, it almost works! it stops playing the track in winamp, but doesnt seem to start the radio stream... there is no sound. if i enter the "line://......." into the "Open URL" command in winamp it starts playing fine. it seems as thought RR isnt passing the "line://....." string (specified in RR config) to the plugin properly... (I had the automatically unmute/mute for radio_player DISABLED as the faq says to use one or the other -ie auto or plugin)

so then i thought i'd try it with the automatically unmute/mute input method in rrconfig. and that doesnt seem to unmute my line in. if i manually unmute my line in it works fine i get radio coming through perfectly. but RR wont unmute/mute for me...

does any one have any ideas? im really missing radio in my car!

(i've searched and read the faq!)
    2005 Nissan Xtrail
    DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

1-take off the hide winamp option (for testing)
    2-run RR and launch the radio
    3-switch to winamp (minimize RR or alt-tab) and note the parameters loaded against the one you needed and verify winamp's volume
    4-check the volumes in the mixer, play with them if anything to see if you get the audio to play

There's not much mistery to this, if you get it to play fine outside RR, as long as you use the same line in parameters in RRConfig and disable the mute/unmute option it should work fine. (just make sure you've "checked" the use line in parameter in RRConfig).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

thanks for the reply guino.

i've tried doing that - opening RR, clicking on Radio, which runs command "RADIO" opening Radio_Player.skin, and then alt-tabbing to winamp to see what is playing. it never changes from what it is playing before i press the Radio button in RR. If i manually enter the "line://title=Radio,srate=44100,bps=16,nch=2" command into Winamp's Play>Location window, it works fine and plays the line in. i've tried this on two different machines now - car and home pc, and no difference. Also tried it with diff versions of RR.

It seems like the line:// command is never getting sent from RR to winamp... is there another way i can get rr to send this to winamp with a button press? And then get it to remember my previous playlist when I exit radio screen?

i've also tried the unmute/mute command with line in plugin disabled and then watched the Mute checkbox on my Volume Control Panel thing and it wont change either..

is there something i'm missing?

in that car i'm using a pci sound card. i will try it with onboard sound in a moment... i dont think that is the cause of my problems

thanks..
      Tim.
      2005 Nissan Xtrail
      DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

Please Post your rr.ini.. this should not be happening, are you running the latest RR ?
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

i was using the september release, just downloaded 8th October release and the same thing still happens..

rr.ini file is attached.

if i set up a command as follows:
          Code:
          B04,180,523,060,077,"RADIO||RUNQ;C:\Progra~1\Winamp\Winamp.exe|line://title=Radio,srate=44100,bps=16,nch=2||RELOADLIST",""
          it plays the line in source fine... but then when i go back to audio player i have to reselect the album i was listening to through audiobrowser which is a bit of a pain..

thanks for your help guino!
          Attached Files
          2005 Nissan Xtrail

worklog

Comment

Guino, there is an issue when the line-in plugin parameters are parsed in frmLoader.frm -> LoadSettings.
            I think it could be solved by adding this:

Private Sub LoadSettings()
            Dim DT() As String
            Dim gammaval() As String
            Dim ifile As Integer
            Dim s As String
            Dim tmp As String
            Dim n As Long

On Error Resume Next

If Dir(MyPath + "RR.ini") <> "" Then
            ifile = FreeFile
            Open MyPath + "RR.ini" For Input As #ifile
            While Not EOF(ifile)
            Line Input #ifile, s
            'If not coment line and not empty line
            If Left(s, 1) <> "#" And Left(s, 1) <> "/" And Trim(s) <> "" Then
            'Split data
            DT = Split(s, "=")

'Fix for Line In Pugin Parameters
            For n = 2 To UBound(DT)
            DT(1) = DT(1) & "=" & DT(n)
            Next n

Comment

yeah, good catch rob.. I know what's going on now.. the issue was introduced when I did work on the loadsettings sub to allow the settings to be used as variables... I'll have a fix shortly.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

@tja: Please try this version (remove all that jazz you made on the radio command, leave only RADIO):
                http://www.rrdownloads.net/BETA/RoadRunner.exe

I also suggest you select "DLINK" in RRConfig as there's a 5 sec timeout if RR can't find Radiator (when selected), and you should probably delete/rename devcon.exe from RR's folder too (to prevent RR from trying to reset the DLink tuner).
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

ok will give that a try tonight, and will wait for the update! thanks so much guino and rob for looking into this!
                  2005 Nissan Xtrail

worklog

Comment

Working...
                  X