Streets & Trips 2007 not taking Sendkeys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streets & Trips 2007 not taking Sendkeys

So I installed 2007 (been using 2006 without issue since it came out) and for some reason it is not taking sendkeys from RR. For instance, if I throw a B02,0,162,49,60,"SENDKEY;%VZI","Zoom In"
    the 2005 would zoom in, 2006 just sort of flashes the boarder and does nothing. Even doing a simple B04,52,288,49,60,"SENDKEY;^m","Change Map" does the same thing, sort of a flinch but no action.

I checked my pathing and the title bar stuff and it still looks the same, what could be going wrong?

Chris

I just realized, this is the first time I am using the 10.8.2006 version of RR on this laptop.

Chris

Comment

Ok, it might be a focus issue, if I click supper fast, sometimes I can see the menus do their thing and it takes the command, once.

Chris

Comment

at many times, doing this kind of stuff fails because the application is not responsive enough to accept all the keys as fast as RR can send. You can try adding a few wait commands in between the keys but depending on how the application handles focus it still wont work -- so not all applications work nicely with sendkeys (i.e. Streets & Trips). That's the main reason why there's built-in mappoint support.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks guino,

I just went through and added "Activate" to all my sendkeys and it is working like a trooper now.

I am to much of a cheapskate and have hundereds of saved routes at this point (been using S&T since 2004).

Thanks again,
          Chris

Comment

Can you tell me specificlly how you got S&T 2007 working? I, too, have added Acitvate to my commands, but still no dice.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!!

Originally posted by HyperSprite View Post
            Thanks guino,

I just went through and added "Activate" to all my sendkeys and it is working like a trooper now.

I am to much of a cheapskate and have hundereds of saved routes at this point (been using S&T since 2004).

Thanks again,
            Chris

Comment

Here's my S&T modified from John's Blue Devil Skin, the MS_STREETS_OSK on button 16 is the MS windows osk that I labeled in the Exectbl.ini file, so as to use elsewhere. Not the best onscreen keyboard but it works until I can find another one that is bigger and better. Button 9 calls the GaspriceFinder skin and button 12 is to play/stop the music..

MEDIACAR Skin
              MEDIACAR MainMenu Skin
              StreetsTrips_OFF.jpg,StreetsTrips_OFF.jpg,StreetsT rips_ON.jpg,StreetsTrips_DOWN.jpg

/, A, x, y, w, h, color R;RGB, G, B
              A01,-1,71,802,450,0,0,0

/, B, x, y, w, h, Command;COMMANDCODES, Tooltip
              B01,195,0,100,71,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;^b","Guidance Pane"
              B02,97,0,98,71,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;^d","Find Near"
              B03,294,0,96,71,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;^r","Route Planner"
              B04,693,0,105,71,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;{F3}","ReRoute"
              B05,2,521,104,77,"EXIT","EXIT"
              B06,205,521,95,77,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;-","Zoom Out"
              B07,300,521,102,77,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;=","Zoom In"
              B08,392,0,98,71,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;%TGS","GPS Pane"
              B09,106,521,100,77,"gaspricefinder","",
              B10,595,521,100,77,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;%VNS||SWITCHBUTTON;10>>||SENDKEY;%V NM||SWITCHBUTTON;10>>||SENDKEY;%VNL||SWITCHBUTTON; 10>>||SENDKEY;%VNG||SWITCHBUTTON;10","Font Size",
              B11,500,521,94,77,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;^f","Find Address"
              B12,401,521,98,77,"PLAY",
              B13,0,-1,96,71,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;^m","MAP STYLE"
              B14,592,0,101,71,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;%TGS||ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;%TGM||ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;%TGA","TRACK"
              B15,491,0,103,70,"ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;^u","Directions Pane"
              B16,697,522,101,76,"MS_STREETS_OSK","Keyboard"

/, Y, Back Slider file path
              Y01,"vslider1\slider_*.gif"
              Y02,"vslider2\slider_*.gif"
              Y03,"slider_battery\slider_*.gif"
              Y04,"slider_signal2\slider_*.gif"

END

Comment

Working...
              X