mplayerc and hand cursor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mplayerc and hand cursor

When the video controls autohide, the cursor changes to a hand and moves to the top left corner of the video area. Is there any way to disable the mouse cursor when its over the video area?

Using RRConfig to hide the mouse doesnt hide it when its over the video area either.

I did a search, but couldnt find anything about it.

Thanks,
    Jarrod - Holden VX S!

-------------------------------------------------
    BMW X5 Carputer Project
    Finished: 85%
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

Comment

This is a "feature" in MPC, it doesn't happen with the built-in player. RR indeed tries to set the cursor to a blank one and hide it, but MPC may end up replacing it.. I'm pretty sure that at some point I had made the cursor go bellow the screen (to where the hand wouldn't show), but I'm pretty sure some changes merged took over that code.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Yeah I thought that would be the case

Any chance you can get the cursor to "go below" again?
        Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

I just changed to using the built-in player and its fine for the test machine, but it doesnt work on my carpc. I think I might be missing some codecs or required windows files (using nLited XP). Any suggestions as to what files I may be missing if its not a codec issue?
          Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but aren't the build in player, mplayer? Sorry I'm confused...

Comment

The built-in player uses standard windows API for playing video (if I recall correctly....feel free to explain that further Guino )

It definately isnt mplayer because the mplayer window doesnt get loaded before embedding if "use built-in player" is checked.
              Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Guino: Any help as to what files I may be missing on my nLited install that stops the built-in player from working? I really cant live with a hand cursor on top of my video...all my work to remove all visible aspects of windows goes down the drain!

EDIT: I thought it might be winmm.dll, but I have that on both systems. Even tried replacing the file, still no luck.
                Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Do you have the codecs installed correctly ? I have never played with nLite, so it's hard for me to even have a clue of what could be missing. A zoom player plugin is going to be posted soon here too.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Zoom player plugin will fix all my problems

Codecs are installed fine, all the movies play fine in other video software. All I get is a blank screen when using built-in player.
                    Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Working...
                    X