Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR issue at startup

Hi there!

I've got an issue with RR. Until today, it started quite well, without any problems. I don't use a flash skin.
    But now, RR hangs at the "Starting Winamp" screen and nothing more happens.

Anybody has an idea?

Regards,

Tobias

Can you start winamp alone without RR?

i've had this in the past and just deleted my RR folder and redownloaded.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

This is happen when winamp screw up and isn't shutdown when RR tell it to. So when Road runner run, winamp already run, but roadrunner can control it that is why it hang right there trying to "get" winamp. I had this before too. Update to winamp5 for a while then switch back to 2.95
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Erm... Winamp isn't running at that time I start RR. If I try to start Winamp standalone, there is no problem...

perhaps I'll try what jdcillin said...

Regards,

Tobias

Comment

Do you have "any" flash objects on the main menu??
          If, so remove them and test it.

Comment

what does your debug.txt file say?
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

There are times RR tried to close Winamp on shutdown, and it does not exit properly. As Road Runner runs Winamp hidden, you will not even know it is running. Try the old 3finger salute, and check the task manager to see if Winamp is indeed still running unseen.
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Hum... RR doesn't even create a debug.txt-file, although logging is not disabled in rrconfig. The taskmanager tells me that winamp is running but rr is taking nearly 100% of cpu-power... I tried to delete all of RR and reinstalling it, but the problem remains
                As I told you in my first post, I don't use ANY flash-graphics in my skin.

Regards,

Tobias

Comment

Which skin are you using? Is this doing it on the "standard" BMV skin?
                  When you re-installed, did you use the new installer program here in the sticky of this forum?

I'm not answering questions with questions but check the winamp setup for (depending) on the version for "checking automatic updates" turn this off, also check the visual plugins and default it to milkdrop. Also there is a "process" setting for foreground,etc. I will have to look that one up.
                  So if you set the RR config to not embed WinAmp does this happen?
                  Can you show us the RR.ini and the ExecTBL.ini?

Comment

Working...
                  X