Virtual Onscreen Keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Onscreen Keyboard

I know, I've read the threads and tried evrything from Uboard, Click-N-Type, to Virtual keyboard. All of them have some failures.

In I.E. the focus is lost for search, I been using S&T and the bundled virtual keyboard with XP works but not in I.E., the da#m thing is too small anyway.

SO, has anyone know of a working onscreen keyboard that works in all applications.

I've been looking at this one from www.mountfocus.com

Osk

I just tried the one you linked to above. It is not flexible enough for RR from what I have seen. It has to have a keyboard loader in memory, and the only way I can seem to close the keyboard when it is on the screen, is to right click on the icons in the task bar.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wfs1 View Post
      I know, I've read the threads and tried evrything from Uboard, Click-N-Type, to Virtual keyboard. All of them have some failures.

In I.E. the focus is lost for search, I been using S&T and the bundled virtual keyboard with XP works but not in I.E., the da#m thing is too small anyway.

SO, has anyone know of a working onscreen keyboard that works in all applications.

I've been looking at this one from www.mountfocus.com
      I have skinned and embedded this in my skin..Work stand alone and with LAUNCH.
      Readme enclosed.

Try!

Mauri
      Attached Files

Comment

I have been down this thread trail as well, and like Mauri use the Virtual Keyboard. It works for me. I also use an AutoIT script to close it down after use.

For reference check out this thread

Post #8 was my conclusion and links to various software options.

cheers
        KPJUK
        M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
        DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

I like the one at www.Mobile-Effects.com too

Link

It seems to be easy to use (at least for what I use it for).
          www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by kpjuk View Post
            I have been down this thread trail as well, and like Mauri use the Virtual Keyboard. It works for me. I also use an AutoIT script to close it down after use.

For reference check out this thread

Post #8 was my conclusion and links to various software options.

cheers
            KPJUK
            @ kpjuk

I want to use your AutoIt script for close the OSK...please,post this!

Mauri

Comment

@ Mauri,

here is the code

MouseClick("RIGHT",715,15)
              MouseClick("RIGHT",715,15)

and Here is the KB.ini (top bit only)
              ; Ini file annotated by Kev Johnstone 9th June 2006

[KEYBOARD]
              ICON=710,9
              KeyBD=0,0
              DRAG_ENABLED=0 ; drag icon (0 = no, 1 = yes)
              KEYBOARD_DRAG = 1 ; drag keyboard (0 = no, 1 = yes)
              HIDEBTN= 2,200,65,250 ; Position on keyboard of Hide Button
              SIZE = 50 ; Percentage of Keyboard actual size

[FONT]
              ;Clr = 65433
              Clr = 0 ; Colour value, but I don't know how this works !
              Name = Arial Bold ; Font Name
              Height=30 ; Font Size

; The char number represents a specific character. I have identified these
              ; chars at the end of each line
              ;Format of command is Char = Top Left x,y, Bottom right x,y

Make sure that your right click x,y co-ordinates are within the KBIcon.jpg area.

If you want the files I use, its here

cheers
              KPJUK
              Attached Files
              DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

I try this...thanks

Mauri

Comment

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'll look at the posted files and if anyone find's something hope they post the info.

Comment

AutoIT Script

Hi guys,

this script now uses an ini file to get the X, and Y co-ords of where to Right Click. This is useful to turn off the Virtual Keyboard, when you leave a skin.

cheers
                    KPJUK
                    Attached Files

Comment

Work well, nice job!

Mauri

Comment

ive been using this for ages.
                        CNS VKEY
                        Even though there frontend sucked ***, and they are no longer a company they did make a nice OSK and the only one i know that works in this manner.

To activate the keyboard you only need to click into any area that will accept text (text boxes) and a small button will popup next to your cursor.
                        It also will zoom the area that is receiving the text input or not.

The only thing i dont like about it is its not skinnable
                        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I've also been using CNS Inc vkey.

It launches automatically and thats what I like about it, only it looks too simple. If theres a better alternative out there, do post here.
                          New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
                          SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Comment

Is it possiable to make it so that the OSK that comes with the road Runner software work like the windows On Skreen Keyboard, in the fact that it does not have to be "on top". so that i can type into an application that Road Runner launches. THANKS
                            2001 Camaro SS #2070

Comment

If you want use the virtual OSK in every moment,with RR,and load this with "APPS" of RR,put the unzipped folder "keyboard" in "LAUNCH" RR folder.

EDIT:for first,open the keyboard.ini file with Notepad,and write your correct path....

Save and exit.

You after see and load in every moment,with APPS button,the OSK.

Mauri
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X