Move songs within playlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move songs within playlist

Alright so I've been trying to do this for some time and I can't find anybody even asking this question which seems odd to me but:

When I'm playing a playlist in winamp I can drag and drop songs within the playlist therefore rearranging the order. I know there's the ability to encue the next song but is there an ability to move a song +1 position or -1 position or something to that effect? I've looked around through winamp and can't find a keyboard shortcut either. I have a feeling it's something blatently obvious that I'm overlooking.

Thanks.

This is available for radio preset management, but I'm pretty sure I predicted users wanting this for the normal playlist so it's not too much work to get that going. On a quick test, it does move the playlist around but it doesn't move the files in winamp's playlist so, no go for now.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

FYI, ALT+UP and ALT+DOWN move the current song within winamp's playlist.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hmmmm

Sweet! Guino your golden. So if I code a button like this:

"activate;playlist||sendkey;%{UP}||reloadlist"

it does nothing. lol. But if I have clicked on the song in the playlist field (in winamp) and then go back and push the button on the skin, it works like a charm. So I guess I need a way to simulate actually selecting the song in winamp. Does this make any sense?

Comment

Clarification

Just to jump ahead of myself and assume that that made no sense. If I were to code this into the button:

"activate;playlist||sendkey;{down}|%{up}||reloadli st"

It would move the last song in the playlist up one spot because the {down} moves the song selector into the field onto the last song. Conversely:

"activate;playlist||sendkey;{up}|%{down}||reloadli st"

would move the first song in the playlist down one spot. If I could get the {up}/{down} to be replaced with a key press that highlights the currently playing song, I'm in business....Now that I'm typing this it is starting to sound like a stretch. I hope this is insightful guino.

Comment

Working...
          X