Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions about RR

Hi from Colombia:

I will buy a VoomPC and a motorized LCD screen.

1)It's possible create an image of RR and install it on Windows XP Embedded as default program shell?

2) Can i use Google Earth and RR as navigation software with full road names?

Thank's

1) Possible: Yes, but you'd have to dig a lot of info on doing it. I have not tried it myself, but I have ran very similar software I made in XP embbeded, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

2) This depends on how good coverage you get with GE on your area. To search locations and get directions it is also required to have internet access.

PS: Colombian women are sooo fine
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
      1) Possible: Yes, but you'd have to dig a lot of info on doing it. I have not tried it myself, but I have ran very similar software I made in XP embbeded, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

2) This depends on how good coverage you get with GE on your area. To search locations and get directions it is also required to have internet access.

PS: Colombian women are sooo fine
      Your RR software it's great. I have a dude:

Sorry my ignorance but i need buy a maps for my country (and buy a GPS).

Can i find direccions? Each GPS program draw the same map but with direrent graphic quality? or if the map quality it's poor then it's because the map?

anyone can help me?

** I need a map quality like this***
      http://beta.planos.cl/streetguide/streetguide/

sorry my english.

Comment

Different GPS Software have different quality maps for different areas. (What I mean by that is the detail in the non city areas, usually most major cities will be well covered)

It will be very hard for anyone other than someone from your country to tell you what is the best GPS for you as none of us will know what maps are available for your country.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          And that's coming from a Brazilian.
          wow!
          And that was before there was a picture posted! hahaha
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

On a quick look a GooGleEarth, it seems some of the major cities have some low res images, but there's no road information so you will not get directions options with google earth. Destinator which has the most amount of maps I know of, has no Maps for Colombia so FreeDrive and MapMonkey are not an option either.

On a quick search it seems there is no software for PC with maps for Colombia, however I was able to find some Garmin Handheld that claims to have road maps for Colombia and detail for major cities: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/...-facturado-_JM

For the PC (to use with RoadRunner), you just have to wait till the maps are available

Or, you can always move here where we have maps
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
              On a quick look a GooGleEarth, it seems some of the major cities have some low res images, but there's no road information so you will not get directions options with google earth. Destinator which has the most amount of maps I know of, has no Maps for Colombia so FreeDrive and MapMonkey are not an option either.

On a quick search it seems there is no software for PC with maps for Colombia, however I was able to find some Garmin Handheld that claims to have road maps for Colombia and detail for major cities: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/...-facturado-_JM

For the PC (to use with RoadRunner), you just have to wait till the maps are available

Or, you can always move here where we have maps
              I'm in Colombia (traveling) but i live in Chile two years.

I find in Chile "Inteligent Maps" with roads and interest points.

How ca i use this maps with RR?

I see other GPS maps for Chile with streets and roads but look ugly.

I hope a maps look like Google Maps... I need a Shape or vector maps for this?

Thank's a lot

Comment

?

Comment

Carla, I don't know much about the software you have found, but as long as it's an application made to run in windows, you can follow this one guide to make it run inside RR:
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52568
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

What hardware are you running? I've got a super slim XPE image with RR as shell. Its about 250mb installed. No network or printing though.
                    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                      What hardware are you running? I've got a super slim XPE image with RR as shell. Its about 250mb installed. No network or printing though.
                      Hey!.. i have a voompc, but can you help me creating an image? What i need?

I have XPe tools can i install a TTS engine in XPe?

thank's

Comment

Hi Carla,

What i did to create my image is start with a SP1 XP CD. Then I downloaded nlite (free) and used that to strip XP untill it was about 150 mb. Then I replaced some of the files with those from the actual XPE download. I had 3 tries before my image worked good with all my hardware. Here is a very good read from the member SFiorito who helped me with my embedded install.

http://mason.gmu.edu/~sfiorito/eXPinstall.htm

Any questions post em up.
                        Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Working...
                        X