problems with RR and windows ME.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with RR and windows ME.

When I close RR everything freezes. I can actually move the mouse but can't do nothing else so I have to restart the computer with the button. Have looked in the forums but it seems that nobody is using ME as OS. Any ideas?

Nobody runs WinME because it sucks donkey balls.
    There's a reason tghat Microsoft dropped support for WinME a couple years before they dropped support for Win98SE.

Also, I don't know about the compatibility of RR with a Win9x OS. Someone else could answer that better than I, but you might be better off with a more current OS, methinks.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Windows ME

I totally agree with the last 2 posts. DROP WIN ME at ALL cost! It is buggy, unstable. If you continue to use it, you will have far more problems than just getting RR to work.
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Yes ME sucks, but if you get it to work without crashing then your "freezing" issue is most likely a flash install problem, follow this to see if it helps:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45529

I do test RR on Win98SE and it works fine (Though some features are not available).
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

thanx all, no more ME for me . I've tested the Flash thing but it didn't help. I used ME because it starts up extremely fast on my 1GHz laptop.
          I also tried XP but it freezes when the touch panel drivers are installed. Installation goes well but the computer will not start up later, comes to the "windows XP starting up" and stays there for ever - but it's probably another issue - will search the forums again.

Comment

there are probably newer drivers you can use
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
            X