simple bluetooth dialer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple bluetooth dialer

would anyone be interested in a simple bluetooth dialer?

simple as in all it does is dial numbers.

It would also be unsupported, as i wont be updating it at all, provided as is (no support, sorry)

Features would be a dial pad inside RR, type number to dial and click dial, it connects to your phone and dials the number and immediately disconnects from your phone after call is started. Thats it, told u it was simple.

if anything i can just post the source (autoIT) and someone else can do something with it. The source isnt all mine (fyi) i was just going to integrate it into RR. Its prob not even worth it, unless you only need something very simple and isn't constantly connected to your phone.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Hmm... Interesting. If it's not resource hog, then shud be ok I think? Can it intergrate phonebook data?

Comment

resources are very small, it only does one thing and kills itself when its done. It wont grab any phonebooks etc, just dials a number and exits. Its not all that usefull, im just putting it out there cuz you never know some one somewhere may find a use for it. Maybe someone who doesnt want to use any of the available phone apps for whatever reason but may want to be able to call emergency numbers from the car in such an event or whatever.

Its possible it could do a lot more, but i wont be doing it, the scope of a phone app is just way to big and time consuming for me. My time would be much better spent making skins.

beer replenishment fund
      mp3car live search

Comment

Emergency Number Dialing....

I think you hit the nail right on the head in your last post, as that is exactly what I was thinking when I read your first post last night. This would be PERFECT for an emergency number should the unfortunate need arise. I would package it up, with a simple README and button code to do just that, dial an emergency number.

It could be triggered by however the user wants, an airbag sensor, manual button on the screen, or like someone else was talking about a few days ago, some sort of shock sensor / collision sensor. If it was used to dial say 911, then in the event you were incapacitated and could not use your phone, it would be possible to trace / triangulate the call, or even for the call center to possible monitor the phone.
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I wrote an app that basically does this in VB6. My app keeps on a constant bluetooth (serial connection) simply for the fact to allow for caller id. It uses as basic phone book (CSV file). I finished manual dialing but never got around to dialing from the phone book. If anyone is interested I could just polish up the code and have it dial and disconnect.

Comment

that sounds good too, and would appeal to more people since it can read a phonebook.

beer replenishment fund
            mp3car live search

Comment

Sounds Great!

Ok, I would like to actually see both of these! I like the simplicity of both, in their own way.

WIth LS's to simply dial a preset number. (Great for emergency's as mentioned)

Shao128's to simply display the caller ID of an incomming call. I have no need for Phoco and all the nells a whistles, and other crap. Just to have the number come up on the screen, with a simple to-the-point app would be fantastic.

So... Start Posting links!
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                Ok, I would like to actually see both of these! I like the simplicity of both, in their own way.

WIth LS's to simply dial a preset number. (Great for emergency's as mentioned)

Shao128's to simply display the caller ID of an incomming call. I have no need for Phoco and all the nells a whistles, and other crap. Just to have the number come up on the screen, with a simple to-the-point app would be fantastic.

So... Start Posting links!

I'll clean up the code tonight and post something for you to try later.

Comment

wow you got autoit to interact with bluetooth? I wanna see this
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

waiting for the links too!
                    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Sorry guys didnt get to the code tonight. I'll take a few minutes at work tomorrow and go over it.

Update. I have sometime now at work so Im just fixing up somethings. I'm just adding a hotkey now to disconnect the bluetooth connection after a call is connected (for those with bluetooth headsets), then reconnect after the call. After I'm done that I'll post of a version for everyone to try.

Comment

Ok cleaned it up a bit. Check the readme for most of the details. You'll need to edit the comport.ini file for your phone. First line is the bluetooth com port to use. The second and third are any initialization commands that need to be sent to your phone. To bring up the dial screen hit the INSERT button. I'll make it user config in the next version.

*** UPDATED*** http://download.yousendit.com/709684F74EFD23CB

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

thanks, i will try this soon, and let you know the results.
                          BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                          RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                          WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                          RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                          Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

YES - YES - YES - YES that is ALL I have wanted or needed in this space LS but seem hosed with Blackberry support so if anyone knows if they can get this working - PLEASE TELL!!! I did try some fundamental dialer testing with this a while back with the other apps - no luck.

Woud LOVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS - Phonebook and BT Dialer to my phone. Save me the look down.

Blackberry 8700 ---

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
                            that sounds good too, and would appeal to more people since it can read a phonebook.

Comment

If someone tests this and checks it working with a Blackberry please let me know - it may be a day or so and know the BB had issues with external dialers but would LOVE for something like this or LS's work !!!

Originally posted by Shao128 View Post
                              Ok cleaned it up a bit. Check the readme for most of the details. You'll need to edit the comport.ini file for your phone. First line is the bluetooth com port to use. The second and third are any initialization commands that need to be sent to your phone. To bring up the dial screen hit the INSERT button. I'll make it user config in the next version.

http://download.yousendit.com/598C11351EADBD64

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X