Say command and sat problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say command and sat problems

Guino do you think you could have a say command that would not mess with the volume and mute stuff?

XM and Sirius will mute to talk but not turn off the mute when done.

If I keep switching XM Radio and mp3 a couple of times the mute and volume thing will stop working – I like it better without it anyway its not so harsh.
    Also it double talks when switching to XM or Sirius from another player.
    XM there times
    Sirius two times

Maybe “SAY” with the mute stuff and “TALK” without.

PS. I think I figured out the problem with XM and Sirius – they do “ONSONGSTART” 2 times and XM 3 times when you switch from another player.

“ONSONGSTART”,”SETVARBYCODE;TRACKNAMETEMP; TRACKNAME ||SAY;$TRACKNAMETEMP$”

So if song start happens 2 times it will double mute
    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Code:
    Radio also double talks

here is my work a round for now

"ONSONGSTART","BYVAR;VOICESAY;<<SAYSONG"
    "SAYSONG","BYVAR;RUNAUDIONOW;CHECKIFBLANK"
    "CHECKIFBLANK","SETVARBYCODE;SAYTHIS;TRACKNAME||EVAL;IFBLANK;strcomp("$SAYTHIS$";"-")||BYVAR;IFBLANK;SAYSONGGO"
    "SAYSONGGO","BYVAR;ATVP;<<RUN;$CHUCKSPATH$Installs\Speak\Speak.exe|$SAYTHIS$<<RADIOAMFM<<XMSAY<<SRSAY"
    "RADIOAMFM","BYVAR;FIX2SAY;RADIOAMFMSAY||BYVAR;FIX2SAY;<<SETVAR;FIX2SAY;0"
    "RADIOAMFMSAY","BYIND;FMAM;RUN;$CHUCKSPATH$Installs\Speak\Speak.exe|AM $SAYTHIS$<<RUN;$CHUCKSPATH$Installs\Speak\Speak.exe|FM $SAYTHIS$"
    "XMSAY","RUN;$CHUCKSPATH$Installs\Speak\Speak.exe|$SAYTHIS$"
    "SRSAY","BYVAR;FIX2SAY;RUN;$CHUCKSPATH$Installs\Speak\Speak.exe|$SAYTHIS$<<||BYVAR;FIX2SAY;<<SETVAR;FIX2SAY;0"

it would be better to just

"ONSONGSTART","BYVAR;VOICESAY;<<SAYSONG"
    "SAYSONG","SETVARBYCODE;SAYTHIS;TRACKNAME||TALK;$SAYTHIS$"
    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Guino did you see this thread

XM and Sirius will mute but not unmute with the say command and it does not matter if its with onsongstart or not.

Please could we have say command without the mute volume stuff?

Maybe “TALK”
      2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

had not seen this yet. I don't believe "SAY" mutes/unmutes anything.. it's only supposed to save current volume and reduce it while speaking and restore the previous volume after speaking. I'll double check the code, but there should be no mute involved. ONSONGSTART on sat radio is kind of unpredictable as it depends solely as to the information received from the tuner. it is most likely to happen at least twice when switching to sat radio (once when tuning the station and again when the info for the station is received). I can make a talk command that speaks without even messing with the volume nonetheless.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thx guino

The talk command would be very appreciated.

Just can’t figure out why my machine is muting XM and Sirius every time SAY command is activated.
          2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

It's probably something to do with using the soundcard from multiple inputs.. I know my ONBOARD card simply lowers the volume (just as for MP3s) and restores it. Are you using the line in plugin ? just curious as to other possible causes.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

No I am not using line in plugin also it is the actual XM and Sirius box muting.

I have to hit my XMMUTE and SRMUTE button to unmute.
              2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Chuck, would you please try the latest Beta about this issue ? I think I found a glitch in the code that made it never send the unmute command. Also, if you select an audio line to unmute/mute in RRConfig, this problem should never happen (even if you don't use the audio line you select).
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

It will still mute but not unmute the XM and Sirius Boxes with the xxline=0

If I set to xxline=7 they seem to work but sometimes it will leave linein all the way down – that mite be because of all the other stuff I have going on when switching players.

If I set all xxline=9 it seems to not mute anything but audio – don’t know what 9 is but it works.

I think a “TALK” command with no volume stuff would still be good tho.
                  2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    Thx guino

The talk command would be very appreciated.

Just can’t figure out why my machine is muting XM and Sirius every time SAY command is activated.
                    i just recently decided to try out the voice stuff in RR.
                    This also happens to me, but not in xm or sirius, it happens everytime the voice speaks.

Also, while testing RR seems to want to say stuff i didn't specifically tell it to say, but seems to be random as to when it wants to talk and when it wont. On GPS it says "external gps" but on audio it says nothing. Personally i think its annoying to speak the obvious.

While you are adding the talk command can you somehow add a switch that will tell RR not to say anything unless it specificly receives the say or talk command.

I want to add a few voice notifications and maybe even a voice guided help system, but other than that i dont want RR to say anything.
                    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I took all the tooltip out of all buttons and commands so it only talks when I want it to and have vars to turn on and off what I want.

"BYVAR;TALKON;<<say;hi"
                      2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

I had to do a lot of stuff to keep RR from saying odd stuff for example.

This is the exit and lastscr command I have to show IG map when I exit from other skins and it would say the command name so I made a command with 4 spaces.

Code:
                        "LASTSCR","TEMPLASTSCR||    "
                        "TEMPLASTSCR","LASTSCR"

"EXIT","TEMPEXIT||    "
                        "TEMPEXIT","EXIT"
                        "    ","SHOWMAP",EXTERNAL_GPS_IG.skin
                        "    ","SHOWMAP",EXTERNAL_GPS_ig_FS.skin
                        "    ","SHOWWINDOW;$TIMERNAME$;True||SHOWMAP",ATI tv GPS.skin
                        "    ","SHOWWINDOW;$TIMERNAME$;True||SHOWMAP",Audio_GPS.skin
                        "    ","SHOWWINDOW;$TIMERNAME$;True||SHOWMAP",Radio_GPS.skin
                        "    ","SHOWWINDOW;$TIMERNAME$;True||SHOWMAP",SIRIUS GPS.skin
                        "    ","SHOWWINDOW;$TIMERNAME$;True||SHOWMAP",XM GPS.skin
                        "    ",""
                        "SHOWMAP","SHOWWINDOW;$gpsname$;False||SHOWWINDOW;$gpsname$;true"
                        2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Working...
                        X