Question. Autoswitching Skins...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question. Autoswitching Skins...

I have a question. I havent been able to get this to work, and im not sure if im doing something wrong or if this is something that needs to be added.

Im running the lsx void 2.0 skin. which I love, thanks LS, Well I would like road runner to look at the time on bootup or shortly after switch to the day or night skin for lsx2.0 accordingly. All I could find was references from a couple years ago using a day/night manual button. If you dont know the LSX2.0 skin has both a day and night skin that are identicle except for the colors. ones easier to read in the day, the others better for the eyes at night. Anyone know how this can be done that actually works? thanks.
    MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
    M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
    Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
    Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Originally posted by yrean View Post
    I have a question. I havent been able to get this to work, and im not sure if im doing something wrong or if this is something that needs to be added.

Im running the lsx void 2.0 skin. which I love, thanks LS, Well I would like road runner to look at the time on bootup or shortly after switch to the day or night skin for lsx2.0 accordingly. All I could find was references from a couple years ago using a day/night manual button. If you dont know the LSX2.0 skin has both a day and night skin that are identicle except for the colors. ones easier to read in the day, the others better for the eyes at night. Anyone know how this can be done that actually works? thanks.
    Autoskinmode=0 in RR.ini, activates it.
    But I am still trying to find out how to adjust it.
    See:-
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93587

Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

plus this

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&postcount=115
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
        Haven't found that the general.ini settings work...so if you figure it out please let me know. Mine keeps changing but can't find where the "switch data" comes from...hence the link to my thread...asking Guino if he has any more documentation on this feature...awaiting his reply.

Wizz

Comment

have a look at this alternative config file that was made a while back

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&postcount=114

its does the auto skin switching and also the volume based on gps/speed options.
          View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Originally posted by djmickyg View Post
            have a look at this alternative config file that was made a while back

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&postcount=114

its does the auto skin switching and also the volume based on gps/speed options.
            I traced a link yesterday from one of your previous posts and looked at this. But I have some query's on it :-
            * Does this execute from my RR DIR ?
            * Do I have to fill in all the data...paths etc. so as not to overwrite the existing
            * Can't work out which options to select on the Gamma/Skin page when all I need is to get Autoskinmode working, and NOT gamma

Wizz

EDIT: Had a play with this and have answered questions 1 & 2. Still on 3. This appears to do little more than add autoskinmode=0 to RR.ini. I have already added this manually and still have a problem with the switchover timings

Comment

*yes run it in the rr directory
              *no u dont have to fill in the data. it will read from ur rr.ini

*if u are using the option to change it based on time make sure u put the night and day time in.

*if u are chaing it based on GPS time then u need to wait till GPS connects.
              View My Blog

Comment

*yes run it in the rr directory
                *no u dont have to fill in the data. it will read from ur rr.ini

*if u are using the option to change it based on time make sure u put the night and day time in.

*if u are chaing it based on GPS time then u need to wait till GPS connects.
                So if I select "Use Built in Gamma with GPS" & Auto Skin Change/ Auto Gamma change Disabled. Will this give me just the auto skin change without gamma change ?

If I select "Use Built in Gamma" with Day/Night start times, Auto Skin Change/ Auto Gamma change Disabled. Will this give me timed auto skin change based on the set times without gamma change ?

EDIT: @djmickyg Thanks for your help. Got it going now on my Desktop without GPS. Going to try it in my CarPC tomorrow, and keeping my fingers crossed that the gamma offset will work when I configure it to work WITH the GPS. If it does then I will be able to use this feature to adjust to the time zone I require, because it works in both (-) & (+) minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                  @wizz, what entries does this add to rr.ini?
                  The Additional entries are:-

gammamode=2
                  autogammamode=2
                  autoskinmode=0
                  gpsgammamodeoffset=-17
                  gammadaytime=08:0
                  gammanighttime=21:30
                  gammaday=0:0:0
                  gammanight=-50:-50:-50

speedatt=false
                  speedattmute=false
                  speedattunit=mph
                  speedattgrad=80
                  speedattvola=50
                  speedattvolb=100
                  speedattspeeda=0
                  speedattspeedb=70
                  speedattmode=line
                  speedattvolzero=70
                  speedattvolgainat50mph=10
                  speedattmaxstep=10
                  speedattvolzero=70

phidget1=0
                  phidget2=0
                  phidget3=0
                  phidget4=0
                  phidget5=0
                  phidget6=0
                  phidget7=0
                  phidget8=0

I've now had chance to try the autoskinmode/gammamode in the car and it works in both Manual & GPS modes, provided the GPS app. is running....which in my case is MapMonkey in BMV2.

Not tried the Speed/Volume app yet. (EDIT: Works Great !)
                  Not sure what the phidget app is for... guess its input/output's. (EDIT: It's temperature sensors)

Wizz

Comment

Originally posted by wizz View Post
                    I've now had chance to try the autoskinmode/gammamode in the car and it works in both Manual & GPS modes, provided the GPS app. is running....which in my case is MapMonkey in BMV2.
                    To my knowedge, it shouldn't matter weather the GPS app is running or not, I believe that this function is completely handled by RR.

I've been using this for awhile and works good, execpt that I recently had the same prob that your having, with mine being in the morning and finally changing to daygamma just as I would pull into work parking lot...tiss be a bit too late...

I think that I prob used the standard config and it ended up changing a setting somewhere...

I am planning on making my own config that will contain ALL these great features, so that when I do deciede to use it, I won't loose any of my settings...
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Wizz
                      yeah its a shame the the GPS bit works
                      i tried to get the guy who wrote this config to make it so it remeber the last GPS number when u shut down and can use that when it starts up.

that why i just use it based on time
                      View My Blog

Comment

yeah its a shame the the GPS bit works
                        i tried to get the guy who wrote this config to make it so it remeber the last GPS number when u shut down and can use that when it starts up.

that why i just use it based on time
                        The whole thing about this is that it was SO difficult to pull together the information on this alternate config and it's workings.
                        It was like a detective novel trying to find out details, and it was mainly due to you djmickyg that I was finally able to do it.
                        It's really surprising a feature that is so frequently sought after in posts by people with Day/Night skins isn't more widely known. Perhaps a FAQ on this would be helpful ?

PS: I always hibernate in my MapMonkey screen, that way when I come out if it is time to change skins, it does.

@Blue Z3
                        If you do re-vamp this config, PLEASE post it.

Wizz

Comment

The whole thing about this is that it was SO difficult to pull together the information on this alternate config and it's workings.
                          It was like a detective novel trying to find out details, and it was mainly due to you djmickyg that I was finally able to do it.
                          Wizz
                          Glad to help. I've had this config just sitting in my folders for year

I wonder how many other secret settings there are in RR that we still have to learn about?
                          View My Blog

Comment

Theres prob quite a few that only a few select know about b/c their the ones that req it and it was never intergrated into the config, just a big shame that any user can't get to or even know about all supported features...

I think that even Guino, has a hard time remembering....lol

@Blue Z3 If you do re-vamp this config, PLEASE post it.
                            I will, I have started on it...not sure as far as time frame goes when it will be posted.

Side note: I'm trying to debate which interface I/we like better, skippy's or the std one, as far as the seperation of different sections?

Actually there is one other config that was made and I like that setup the best actually...
                            RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                            Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                            Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                            RRMedia
                            RRExtended
                            DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Working...