Volume jumps to 0% on adjust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume jumps to 0% on adjust

Having a wierd thing happen. Whenever I try and change the volume in any direction the system volume goes straight to 0%

Anyone have the same issue?
    350z Roadster,
    Lilliput 7" touch, Opus 250w, 160gb, AMD3500+, 1gb ddr400, geforce 6500 pcie, SiRF Star 3, Wireless G, Sprint CDMA, Bluetooth, Creative iCam Pro, RR, iG 4, Digital FX 4.0

ive had it happen many times on my laptop and desktop. Doesnt happen on my carpc. Dunno how to really fix it
    Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
    Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
    Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
    CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Comment

You haven't mapped your sound. Open up RRConfig and look the the dropdown box saying something like "map sound" or "audio out" or something to that tune. It is on the right and side somewhere. Now change that to Wave or Master, or All depending if you want thevolume buttons to change the Wave line, Master line, or All lines. Keep in mind the sound itself is always going to be on the Wave line.

I have mine set up with wave being changed and the master volume pretty low. I find this gives me the least amount of distortion because I use onboard audio at the moment.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

NIce!

Thanks, I figured it was something I had missed like that.
        350z Roadster,
        Lilliput 7" touch, Opus 250w, 160gb, AMD3500+, 1gb ddr400, geforce 6500 pcie, SiRF Star 3, Wireless G, Sprint CDMA, Bluetooth, Creative iCam Pro, RR, iG 4, Digital FX 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          You haven't mapped your sound. Open up RRConfig and look the the dropdown box saying something like "map sound" or "audio out" or something to that tune. It is on the right and side somewhere. Now change that to Wave or Master, or All depending if you want thevolume buttons to change the Wave line, Master line, or All lines. Keep in mind the sound itself is always going to be on the Wave line.

I have mine set up with wave being changed and the master volume pretty low. I find this gives me the least amount of distortion because I use onboard audio at the moment.

nope, Ive had this problem with volume mapped to different things. It's random at times. But certain versions caused it more. Often whatever line I had mapped would goto 0, regardless of what I did in the front end. When it was at its worse winamp volume would goto 0, wave output would goto 0, master volume would goto 0. So I press vol up a thousand times untill it gets back 90%, but still no sound because winamp was down to 0.

as said only happened on my test machines. Not in my car.
          Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
          Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
          Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
          CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffy View Post
            nope, Ive had this problem with volume mapped to different things. It's random at times. But certain versions caused it more. Often whatever line I had mapped would goto 0, regardless of what I did in the front end. When it was at its worse winamp volume would goto 0, wave output would goto 0, master volume would goto 0. So I press vol up a thousand times untill it gets back 90%, but still no sound because winamp was down to 0.

as said only happened on my test machines. Not in my car.
            The only time that unpredictability happens is when either you have multiple sound cards (unlikely), or the version of Winamp you are running is not reccommended. Following the RR FAQ and setting it up as I described, it always fixes this problem.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I've been having this problem too, I hope this fixes it.
              I checked today and all the system volumes were staying the same but the winamp volume went to 0, had to minimise roadrunner, open winamp again to get the window visible and then I could put the volume back up there. Usually I have to turn the volume down all the way to 0 in roadrunner then back up to 20 or whatever to get it working again.
              Getting back into the game...

Comment

Working...
              X