Strange embedding GPS problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange embedding GPS problem

Ok, I am having a hard time embedding iGuidance into a custom music player skin.

Acording to the SkinCommands.txt file, to embed a defind application into a skin, the following command is used:

"AUDIO" - Loads the Audio Player Screen (audio_player.skin) -- Same as "LOAD;AUDIO_PLAYER.SKIN;MUSIC"
    Well, I am attempting to sue the following command on a button to load the GPS into the custom skin:

Code:
    "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;GPS"
    The syntax is correct according to the Skin Commands file, unless this only works for "internal stuff" and not for an external application.

I also tried the following, copying the below command somwhat by passing on the window title:
    Code:
    "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;GPS;iGuidance"
    This also does not work.

The following command Works perfectly so I know the skin is set up correctly, as far as the application area ect. I just want to avoid Hard Coding the GPS program, so whatever is set up in th rr.ini will work.

Code:
    "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;iGuidance;C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe;iGuidance"
    Am I missing something totally obvious or simple here?
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

I take the dead silence as basically meaning that "I am up that well known tributary, without a proper means of propulsion." Otherwise known as USCWAP
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

if I understood correctly, you want to use the GPS app defined in RR.ini, right?

can't you use it's variable? like this:

Code:
      "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;iGuidance;$gpspath$;iGuidance"

Comment

Thanks!

Duh! Hahahha with only 4 posts in the forums, you have certainly stated the obvious that just went right over my head!

Thank you! That did the trick. I didn't think about trying it that way. Still kinda odd that the GPS command doesn't work as in my first post.

Thanks!

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Well, normally I am going hidding during weekend.
          "I think" the reason it doesn't work because of custom skin with a pre-define command.
          Code:
          "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;GPS"
          "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;GPS;iGuidance"
          That doesn't work but the following work
          Code:
          "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;iGuidance;C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe;iGuidance"
          I don't know why the LOAD and GPS doesn't work (I guess double translation because GPS command seem to load external_gps.skin, and gps option/setting in RR).

If you do search regarding $gpspath$ and $gpsname$ I posted in serveral thread, those are variable in RR that you can use in skin instead of typing the whole string every time like below.
          Code:
          "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;$gpsname$;$gpspath$;$gpsname$"
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post

If you do search regarding $gpspath$ and $gpsname$ I posted in serveral thread, those are variable in RR that you can use in skin instead of typing the whole string every time like below.
            Code:
            "LOAD;Audio_GPS.skin;$gpsname$;$gpspath$;$gpsname$"
            Thanks Matrix, thats what tiagos posted a a couple posts back, and I got it working perfectly.

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
            X