Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Support for Phidgets Interface Kit - Finished!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Support for Phidgets Interface Kit - Finished!

See attached, search the code for greenman100 if you like. meant to be compiled with 11-12-06 version.

button commands:
    phigdonXX - turn on digital output XX
    phigdoffXX - turn off digital output XX

Indicator:
    phigdoXX - returns digital output XX state
    phigdiXX - returns digital input XX state
    Attached Files

here's the roadrunner.exe

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a8ddc4/

Comment

good work man, now i just need my new car, a phidgets kit, and a carpc, so i can ditch the climate controls
      cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
      cashtexts review not a scam
      Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
      RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

Ok, I had no idea what a "phidget" was till I did a quick Google This looks like it could open up a pretty big world to the already amazing RR front end.

Has this been submitted to Guino, so it can become part of the official releases?

With a little research, I can see this used so many ways! Of particular interest is the Distance sensor Phidget to place on the rear of the vehicle for distance to an object when backing up. (Good for a range of just over 2 feet)

Now for a question

Can the input be turned into useful data with Road Runner? For instance the distance sensor, mentioned above, outputs a range of numbers from 0 to 500. Having that converted to the actual distance would be much more useful.
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
          Ok, I had no idea what a "phidget" was till I did a quick Google This looks like it could open up a pretty big world to the already amazing RR front end.

Has this been submitted to Guino, so it can become part of the official releases?

With a little research, I can see this used so many ways! Of particular interest is the Distance sensor Phidget to place on the rear of the vehicle for distance to an object when backing up. (Good for a range of just over 2 feet)

Now for a question

Can the input be turned into useful data with Road Runner? For instance the distance sensor, mentioned above, outputs a range of numbers from 0 to 500. Having that converted to the actual distance would be much more useful.

many of the sensors already support conversion through a tooltip:
          Code:
                  Case "c2f"
                      'Show in C
                      N = N - 200: N = N / 4
                      N = (N * 9) / 5: N = N + 32
                      GetPhid = Format(N, "0.0F")
                  Case "f2c"
                      'Show in F
                      N = N - 200: N = N / 4
                      GetPhid = Format(N, "0.0C")
                  Case "volt"
                      'Show in V
                      N = N - 500: N = N * 0.06
                      GetPhid = Format(N, "0.00")
                  Case "50amp"
                      'Show in Amps
                      N = N - 500: N = N * 0.1
                  Case "15amp"
                      'Show in Amps
                      N = N - 500: N = N * 0.03
                  Case "gp"
                      'Show in Pressure
                      N = (N / 4) + 10

I could add code for the rest later, but I really need people to beta test the code to confirm it works before I submit anything to guino.

Comment

your code is for digital i/o not sensor reading, right? theres already commands in skin commands.txt for reading phidget sensor data. is it possible to do math and/or simple scripting in the skin files, or would that have to be output to a specific program for proccessing?

sorry for goin off topic, but yea, your code, digital i/o not sensors..

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
              here's the roadrunner.exe

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a8ddc4/
              Is the EXE still available? I can't get the above link to work, but I'd like to test out the Phidget integration.

Comment

scrol abotu halfway down and click on 'Download for free with FileFactory Basic'

Comment

Originally posted by inh View Post
                  your code is for digital i/o not sensor reading, right? theres already commands in skin commands.txt for reading phidget sensor data. is it possible to do math and/or simple scripting in the skin files, or would that have to be output to a specific program for proccessing?

sorry for goin off topic, but yea, your code, digital i/o not sensors..
                  yes, this is jsut for digital i/o, analog is already built in.

the code above allows for predetermined conversions in the skin files. I could probably expand the functionality to do any sort of math.

Comment

Ah very cool i'll have to spend more time with skinning in RR.. using your addition, i can have a nifty lil setup that keeps my car at whatever temp i want

Comment

Originally posted by inh View Post
                      Ah very cool i'll have to spend more time with skinning in RR.. using your addition, i can have a nifty lil setup that keeps my car at whatever temp i want
                      yup, already done this

Comment

here's my skin
                        Attached Files

Comment

WoW, I guess I should have done a little more research into this. I was not even aware that RR already was able to support an analog version of this.

I knew that RR was capable of simple conversion from Fahrenheit to Celcius, but was not aware that it extended to plugins (such as this one) as well.

I just need to take a step back and familiarize myself a little bit more, before asking such simple and redundant questions. I was acting so much like a newbee here! (NOT that that is a bad thing, as that is how we all learn).

Thanks for all the info!

This code is gonna add a lot of functionality to RR on top of what it is already capability of!
                          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Any plans on adding functionality for the motor control kit?
                            2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
                            Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
                            Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by pyros View Post
                              Any plans on adding functionality for the motor control kit?
                              if people chip in to buy me one, I'd be happy to.

I can't test it or write code without one, though.

http://www.phidgets.com/index.php?mo...138.55&IID=112

$70.

Comment

Working...
                              X