add buttons to home page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add buttons to home page

I've done some searching and i cannot seem to find anyone that has used a button on the touch screen that will start the car. Basically i want to make the program that will have the buttons to start the car and kill the engine i will be using a usb flash drive as the key which will have a password on it. I also want screens with buttons to make it contol other relays on a usb board for power windows, lights, and door locks

I want to be able to make the program a plug-in and i would like the buttons on the menu screen for the start and engine kill. I need to know how to add buttons to the menu screen and would like to know how to make my own screens for the windows and locks

Any help on making the plug-in would be greatly appreciated

wow this would be awesome!!!!!! Using keys are like so 2006.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Man I hope you never get a virus – your car mite run off without you
      2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Yea that would be a suprize to see your car driving away

Comment

LOL,

seriously though.
          whats so hard about, you know, just using the key.

I really wouldn't trust putting the start function of my car in the hands of windows. You have to wait for windows to boot, then RoadRunner, just to do something you can already do and already are in arms reach?

Just get an automatic starter. At least that way you can start the car from inside the house. Think of it this way, there is a pretty good reason most mp3 players dont come with remotes.

beer replenishment fund
          mp3car live search

Comment

Total Control Car Relay Plugin

Personally I use an alarm with remote start. I would not want to have to get in the car and wait for the computer to boot up before I could go anywhere

As for the rest, I think this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=iconsis EXACTLY what you are looking for.
            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I am putting a 2001 firebird dash in a 68 firebird the 01 firebird had the key in the colunm and the 68 in the dash so as of right now i have no key. Im not worring about it engaging while driving becasue it will be disabled once the car is running. Also i will be using gigabytes i-ram on my carputer so it will take about 9 seconds for it to boot. I will have the carputer start when my doors are unlocked by the key fob so by the time i get into the car RR will already be running.

Is their any way of creating buttons on the menu page that will control a program that is embedded in the app window

Comment

I have tried using the total control plug-in but when i try to launch it i get a error saying that the sking folder does not contain a vaild sking but when i look in the skin folder it is obvious the skin in their

Comment

Originally posted by badassfirebird View Post
                  I am putting a 2001 firebird dash in a 68 firebird the 01 firebird had the key in the colunm and the 68 in the dash so as of right now i have no key.
                  should of added that little tid bit on the first post, would of avoided the sarcasm.
                  Still think using windows for this task is not a good idea.

So lets say, one day your out and about, far away from home. For some reason your computers HD just died on you and now it wont boot. What do you do? Call a tow truck?

beer replenishment fund
                  mp3car live search

Comment

Turn on Backup Computer.

Comment

The i-ram is just ram that acts a a hard drive that will have windows on it. I will also have a back-up hard drive with a copy of the i-rams OS and all just incase the i-ram fails and if both fail then im screwed or i could just hot wire it becasue its not that hard since im wiring the ignition switch myself and all the wires are labled in my wiring harness.

Comment

I am just going an easy way. Remote starter.
                        I wouldn't trust handling the start/stop function of the car to windows.
                        As far as putting a button on the skin is easy.
                        Code:
                        BXX,XXX,YYY,WIDTH,HEIGHT,COMMAND,TOOLTIP
                        The hard part is writing the sofware (plug-in) with take place of COMMAND and making a hardware to work with the plug-in.
                        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I can get a program that will control the relays so would it be possible for the button that i add to send commands to another program or one that i embed

Remote start would not be great with my car it is a manual and i like to leave it in gear when parked just in case. I dont have to worry about the starter because it will not engage unless the cluch is pushed in.

Comment

ok is it just me or is this a bit backwards?

you want to press a button on your screen to start your car?

how are you going to turn on your computer? usually they start with ignition/accessories WHEN YOU START YOUR CAR WITH A KEY... but if you cant start your car without the computer on.. ur gonna be stuck, or will have to install a switch to turn the pc on.

why dont you install a button on your dash which starts the car, and then turns on the computer via accessories!
                            2005 Nissan Xtrail
                            DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

the carpter will always have power but it will turn on when the doors are unlocked as i stated above

Comment

Working...
                              X