Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoadRunner and multi monitor

Hi All,

My first thread here on mp3car. I'm running a ThinkPad T43 with composite out. For some reason I can't find a way to mirror the VGA with the composite, so I'm forced to output the composite as an extended desktop display. As a result, I cannot figure out how to move RoadRunner to the second (composite) display. I've set the usedualmon=true in the RR.ini, but no luck. No idea here, this is my first time messing with this software.
    SuperSleeper

HELP Road Runner on second monitor

Hi All,

I would say this is my second post, but I think my first one got zapped for no reason. Anyways, I need help with Road Runner and getting it to oporate on a secondary display. I've searched all over, and found something about usedualmon=true in the RR.ini, but this didn't seem to help me. It always pops up on display 1 .
    SuperSleeper

Comment

Your last post is right here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95496

Now both are in the recent posts.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        Your last post is right here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95496

Now both are in the recent posts.
        Odly it didn't show up in a search I performed verbatim earlier. Not sure what happened there. Thanks for the reference to it. I'm still getting used to this forum style.
        SuperSleeper

Comment

THANK YOU!!! I will try it now.
          SuperSleeper

Comment

Looks like XPosition=-800 did the trick. Need to try it in the car now. I can't wait!
            SuperSleeper

Comment

the search function sucks.

just click your username and click on all post started by SuperSleeper and you will find your stuff. Or click the newposts button if it is recent.
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

if you want to make a single instance of RR show ONLY on a secondary display, you dont need to set the dualmon=true. This is just for systems running main RR interface on primary screen and fullscreen video on a secondary screen.

To make RR startup on a secondary screen, you could set the x pos of your skins general.ini (RoadRunner\Skins\skinname folder) to say 800 for example (depending on what resolution you are running). You should also be able to use software like multimon to make certain apps always open on a particular display.

BTW: This post should have been made in the RR subforum.
                Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

usedualmon=true was developed for the pupose of having video play fullscreen on 2ndary monitors ultilized graphic card video overlay function. While video play on the back, you can have GPS showing on main monitor.

If setting usedualmon=false, you can not having video play on 2ndary monitor and gps on at the same time because it will force video to stop and play music.

It also usefull for those who has music video playing and having gps showing instead of the video which is illegal is most/all places while vehicle is in motion.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

isnt that basically what I said in one line?
                    Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Hi,
                      have a problem with fullscreen since I connected a second monitor. When I watch videos I can only watch these in fullscreen on my second monitor. On my main monitor I can only see the video_player.skin with a blinking "Full" in the playing video - that means my main monitor didnīt go to fullscreen. Could someone help, please?

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

No one an idea?
                        I use a Matrox G450.

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

Originally posted by Ti-ejtsch View Post
                          No one an idea?
                          I use a Matrox G450.

Ti-ejtsch
                          I think this means your video card does not support overlay on both screens.
                          Check your video settings and see if this is the case.
                          I had the same problem with my Epia 10K they are notorious for it.

This is quite complex depending on what types of screen you are using and if you want individual or identical displays.
                          If your using VGA/VGA OR VGA and RCA you may need a video splitter.
                          Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                          Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                          Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Working...
                          X