How to make Winamp TV Plugin work with RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Winamp TV Plugin work with RR

Guys, I have follwed the FAQ for installing the Radio and TV and the Radio worked but didnt have the TV to work the way i anticipated will work.

I have installed the Winamp TV plugin and I am using WinTV "Hauppauge the PCI one with FM"....Long story short.

I use WinTV2000 my TV work so I know the TV works.

I am using BMV2 skin.....I run RR and I click on Radio button and it works with no issues, click on TV button the skin load but nothing all there is on the left side is 1. SO i close RR. I run winamp and go to Play --> File --> and select one of the channels saved in my folder called TV preset and i can see the channel sound everything great so while the thing is running I run RR again and click TV button and the TV works no channels on the left side other than "1." but if i use P+ and P- i can scroll through the channels saved.....

Anyone know how can i fix the issue, its a hassle to go thru this each time i need to ues TV. I thought that the TV will work just like the radio, i click the button and i see all the channels that i saved and pick whichever i want to watch....

Like i said any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Sounds like you need to point RRConfig to the TV path where you saved the TV Presets in winamp -- that's what it should list on the left side ... the "1." (empty list) indicates the path is wrong or RR Couldn't find any of the preset files in the folder you pointed RRConfig onto.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

guino, i did that, rrconfig "rr.ini" are set to the right path i made sure of that this was part of the instructions in the FAQ.

Any other thing i can do?....like do i need to add something in the menu.skin eg: X, Winamp TV plugin or something of that sort.

Comment

Still no luck in making the TV working directly from RR TV button. I was thinking if a code is written using Autoit and link the TV button to it. So when i click the TV button it will open winamp and open a .tvc file inside the TV skin. Now i got to figure out how to write something like that.

Comment

Another thing i found out that in the TV preset folder i have a channels.ini when i open that file the only value in it is 0. I looked at the radio.ini that is in RR folder at it has my stations preset number in it. I dunno why only 0 is there

Comment

Can you post your RR.INI and a screenshot of the folder (with visible path of it) and the files in it ? This is one of the simplest of the things to set up. If it's working directly in winamp, it should work fine in RR -- as long as your skin works -- which skin are you using by the way ?
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I am using BMV2, i will post them within the hour. Thanx for the reply

Comment

This is what I did to get WinampTV works.
                - Install TV tuner card/driver (USB2 for me).
                - Download WinampTV plugin and install.
                - Run winampTV and configure the pluin, scan for channels.
                - Open RR.ini and add the path (tvpresets=D:\WTV_stations\ for me) to where the plugin save channel info.
                - Create TV skin for RR.
                That's all.

When I open channels.ini, it has 12 which is corresponding to 12 *.tvc files
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Guino below is my rr.ini

voice=false
                  musicpath=C:\Documents and Settings\Ramez\My Documents\My Music\
                  videopath=C:\Documents and Settings\Ramez\My Documents\My Videos\
                  dvdpath=C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe
                  dvdname=Power DVD
                  launchpath=C:\Road Runer\LAUNCH\
                  winamppath=C:\Road Runner\Winamp\
                  skinpath=C:\Road Runer\skins\BMV2\
                  nightskin=C:\Road Runer\skins\BMV2\
                  mpcpath=C:\Road Runner\mplayerc.exe
                  screentype=16:9
                  videoautohide=true
                  videohidetime=4
                  videofiles=.AVI,.MPG,.MPEG,.RM,.RAM,.VOB,.ASF,.WMV
                  audiofiles=.M3U,.MP3,.WMA,.OGG,.AAC,.MPC,.VQF
                  hidemouse=true
                  coverfile=*.jpg
                  albumart=*.txt
                  useid3=3
                  showid3playlist=false
                  showid3browse=false
                  gpsmode=2
                  gpsport=0
                  mapmonkeypath=C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe
                  gpspath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\STstart.exe
                  gpsname=- Microsoft Streets & Trips
                  exitmode=1
                  showicons=true
                  showextensions=false
                  titlesafter=-
                  listfollowssong=true
                  resumemusic=2
                  audiorepeat=on
                  audioshuffle=off
                  singleclickaudio=true
                  gammamode=1
                  gammapath=C:\Road Runner\Gamma\GammaControl.exe
                  dateformat=MM/DD/YY
                  timeformat=HH:MM AM/PM
                  id3listformat=%artist% - %title%
                  id3browseformat=%artist% - %title% - %genre% - %album%
                  mastervolmap=0
                  listnumbers=true
                  noformat=false
                  hidewinamp=true
                  tvpresets=C:\Program Files\WinTV\TV preset\
                  tvline=1
                  visuname=!Winamp Gen!AVS
                  overspeed=80
                  scrollmode=2
                  builtinvideo=true
                  disableinternat=true
                  locale=0
                  hidetaskbar=false
                  hidedesktop=false
                  radiomode=3
                  radiatorpath=C:\Program Files\WinTV\
                  radioline=1
                  playlistpath=C:\Documents and Settings\Ramez\My Documents\My Music\
                  lazytag=false
                  allowallfreqs=true
                  browsertype=1
                  browserpath=C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
                  mapvol=50
                  standardphonebook=0
                  maxcalllistentries=100
                  xmport=2
                  xmline=1
                  singleclickxm=true
                  debugmode=true
                  hibernateaware=true
                  enableclipping=true
                  soundcard=0
                  nozoom=0
                  ipoddrive=Click here to set drive
                  usegestures=false
                  leavemousealone=false
                  hibernatereload=true
                  forcehibernate=false
                  closeapps=false
                  cityweather=Savannah, Georgia
                  weatherunits=USA
                  /gpspath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\Streets.exe
                  picspath=C:\Documents and Settings\Ramez\My Documents\My Pictures\
                  gpsgaspath=C:\Road Runner\GPSGAS\
                  transition=1

Comment

Below is my channels.ini

Comment

guino i have attached a pic of the folder path
                      Attached Files

Comment

MAtrix thats exactly what i did, but when i click the TV button on the skin is open. I open my TV preset folder and i can see all my *.tvc channels but when i open my channels.ini there is nothing in there but "0".

And i know my TV works coz i use WinTV2000 and i use winamp and works fine i think its something with the channels.ini. I should have the *.tvc just like the radio.ini

Its weird and i just cant figure out what have i missed or done wrong

Comment

this is starting to sound like a possible bug involving spaces on the tvpresets path. Would you please try moving/copying the .tvc files to something like C:\TV\ and setting the tvpresets=c:\TV\ ? if it works, then I know what to look at.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

guino i will do that, and see what happens. I will get my car back next week and will try it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                              this is starting to sound like a possible bug involving spaces on the tvpresets path. Would you please try moving/copying the .tvc files to something like C:\TV\ and setting the tvpresets=c:\TV\ ? if it works, then I know what to look at.
                              Guino, i just got my car back today, i did the change and nothing happened, i still having the same issue. I did this C:\program files\WinTV\TVpresets. I linked everything to the new folder and still when i click the TV button only the skin come up and 1. on the left side.

I log off RR and open winamp and select a channel then log back on RR click TV button and i see the channel and still 1. on the left side.

Any ideas or what am I doing wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X