Radioshark or Silab?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radioshark or Silab?

The silabs USB fm radio device is about a third of the price of the radioshark. Both are USB and both function in RR with radiator or am I wrong?
    Why would anyone buy the radioshark?
    AOPEN MINIPC 945 VXR, CORE DUO T2400, 512MB, 120GB, Wlan, CARNETIX CNX-P1900, 1020TSV TFT 10.2" Touchscreen, BU-353 GPS, wlan-antenna, X3 integration to HU, D-link DUB-H7 USB 2.0 Hub, Wireless RF-keyboard, Logitech USB noicecancelling mic, NV RVcam

The radioshark has AM capability. It's also discontinued.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

We can still buy RadioShark in Australia. At Jaycar.
      www.jaycar.com.au

just FYI.

Comment

The Best Buy near my house has Radio Sharks as well.

One advantage of the Radio shark is it's time shifting capability. I can pause and rewind live radio.

It also has the ability to record, as well as schedule it to record at a certain time.
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

You Can Get "it" On Ebay
          New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
          New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
          "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

is the reception good on both of these units?
            Are you 2x? Because I want to integrate you from 10 to 13!

Comment

I can say that the silabs have good reception with the original antenna on the floor besides my stationary computer.
              Have not got it installed in the car due to radiator-RR problems so I cannot say how the reception in the car is.
              AOPEN MINIPC 945 VXR, CORE DUO T2400, 512MB, 120GB, Wlan, CARNETIX CNX-P1900, 1020TSV TFT 10.2" Touchscreen, BU-353 GPS, wlan-antenna, X3 integration to HU, D-link DUB-H7 USB 2.0 Hub, Wireless RF-keyboard, Logitech USB noicecancelling mic, NV RVcam

Comment

The RadioShark has been discontinued, but you can get the RadioShark 2 Nearly anywhere including from the manufacturer.

Comment

Radioshark 1, 20 bucks, ebay.

Reception without antenna mods, acceptable but noisy.

Am, unusable.

Radioshark 1 is "plug and play" with roadrunner. Nothing needs to be done or coded if the skn you're using supports it (I use lsx void).
                  Radioshark 2 doesn't work with roadrunner or any of the plug ins, no plans to support it, and radioshark 1 software does not work with RS2.

Silabs? Don't have one. No advice there.

Cheers

BJ

Comment

Okay, thanks. I really want one that I can listen to FM and AM, I need both to work and be compat. with RoadRunner.

Comment

HCQT.

MP3car store.

It ain't cheap though.......

Cheers

BJ

Comment

Check out my signature.. The HDRadio project is almost done. It picks up regular radio as well.. AM FM RDS great reception and HDRADIO!! About the same price as the hqct
                        -Jack
                        2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
                        Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

Comment

Anyone ever seen this one?
                          http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6543&CatId=193

Comment

Hey guys, I just bought the Radio Shark 2 (through Newegg), and though the compatability/plugin support might not be there for RR, looking at the files for it, it uses a XML file and PNG images for the skin/frontend of the radio program, so it seems if one were willing to make a larger, more touchscreen friendly skin, it wouldn't be too bad to use embedded in the front end (I'm actually going to fool around with it when I get the time). Another thing the reception is way better than the SiLabs or ADS tech receivers.

/edit: Ok, so I decided to fool around with the XML file and the graphics. It wasn't pretty because all I did was scale up the pics in photoshop and edit the XML file to specify the new size/locations of everything, but it's quite easy to make this larger and more TS friendly I made the radio interface about 450x250... but everything is configurable, so this is easy as pie

Comment

Awesome! I'm going to order it as soon as I get my next paycheck, which should be tomorrow or Tuesday Do you think you could send me your skin so I can check it out? I'm sure it's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X