Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Runner Sound / Volume Troubles

Sorry if this has already been answered:

In Road Runner, when playing music, i start out hearing it from all four of my speakers. When I press volume down, it'll go down, but when I get to the lower percentages, i'll only hear it from the back two speakers, and very faintly. I have to push volume up once in order to hear it from all. This is with multiple volume percentages, for ex:

Current volume is 55%.
    I want to turn it down: Press down volume a couple times, it goes to 30%.
    I can now only hear very faintly from the rear speakers.
    I press up and go to 35%.
    Now I can hear it from all four speakers at a lower volume.

Does this make sense?
    Why would this happen.

Also, is it possible to set a default starting volume for road runner? Ever time I restart RR it goes to 78% for some reason.

Thanks,
    Brett
    www.QRXX.com

I probably shouldn't do this but.....

Try putting this in the start command in config--> setvol;master;30

30 being whatever percent you want to startup at..

ps..the 'skin commands.txt' in your RR folder is you best friend
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
      I probably shouldn't do this but.....

Try putting this in the start command in config--> setvol;master;30

30 being whatever percent you want to startup at..

ps..the 'skin commands.txt' in your RR folder is you best friend
      Thanks!
      Now for the other volume problem. Any suggestions?

Brett
      www.QRXX.com

Comment

I think that is actually your wiring. It seems like you are using stereo sound left/right, and 1 of the channels is going to both your front speakers, and the other channel is going to both your rear speakers.

And what volume percentages are your lines at? Like Master and Wave? And what audio channel are you using to map out sound? (master/wave/all)
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

My current audio setup follows:
          M1000 Motherboard Integrated 6 Channel Audio - Setup using the FAQ for 5.1.

Radioshack RCA Stereo Y Adapter from blue to amp rear left & right.
          Radioshack RCA Stereo Y Adapter from green to amp front left & right.
          Nothing in Red - No subs / center speaker.

I don't really know what you mean about the volume percentages, but i'll go out and look around for that and post back.

Thanks for the help,
          Brett
          www.QRXX.com

Comment

1. I've had a ton of problems with Winamp vers 2.95. Ended up installing the latest version.
            2. Make sure your volume is mapped to master. (In RR configuration)

(Map Master Volume To Control Line: Master)
            AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
            "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick View Post
              1. I've had a ton of problems with Winamp vers 2.95. Ended up installing the latest version.

I've been just fine with 2.95 but it all depends on what drivers you have installed too.

Because you are using 2 of the line-outs (blue and green where blue is "Line-Out" and green is "Wave") to control them at the same time, you need to set the volume to map to Master. RRConfig and then a dropdown.

And to make sure your Wave and Line-Out levels are equal so that the sound is the same in the front and the rear, Start-->Control Panel-->Sound and click on the speaker looking thing and you can then see all the little sliders for things like "master", "wave", "line-out", "CD" (never figured that one out...), "mic" and other stuff.
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick View Post

I believe that is the default setting...
                RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                RRMedia
                RRExtended
                DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                  I believe that is the default setting...
                  I thought the default was "All" for weak soundcards or something?

Comment

Ok, I went into the settings and switched to "Master", and it seems to be working better now. I am not getting the same problem as before, but I also noticed that when I press "Mute" now, I can still faintly hear music from the two rear speakers. Could this be a related problem?

Thanks,
                    Brett
                    www.QRXX.com

Comment

I have one of the via envy 7.1 sound cards in my htpc and I noticed similar things with the drivers that came with the card. I'd check to see if there are any new drivers for the onboard sound.

Another question I have is:
                      Will the multimedia keys on the keyboard work with RR? I have an old Dell multimedia keyboard with the volume, mute, track and a few others that work with windows media player (on my work machine) but I can't install RR here at work just to try it out.
                      Nick - 08 GG Element
                      Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by ik632 View Post
                        Will the multimedia keys on the keyboard work with RR? I have an old Dell multimedia keyboard with the volume, mute, track and a few others that work with windows media player (on my work machine) but I can't install RR here at work just to try it out.
                        Depends (Don't you just hate those kind of answers). I have both an IBM and a Gateway multimedia keyboard. The IBM works with WMP and I can't find the drivers, while the Gateway is highly configurable and works with any media player. So it really depends on how complete and configurable is the multimedia keyboard driver.
                        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                          Depends (Don't you just hate those kind of answers).
                          Haha, yeah very true. The Dell keyboard doesn't have any drivers of any sort. I hooked it up to my linux PC and checked what keystrokes the keyboard sends and they are window specific codes (different than any other key on the keyboard). I think they are mapped to windows specific functions. I'm going to have to install RR and try it out with the keyboard just to curb my curiosity.
                          Nick - 08 GG Element
                          Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                          X