Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Losing ID3 Tag data when opening .exe's from removeable media...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Losing ID3 Tag data when opening .exe's from removeable media...

v4-11-2007

I had this wacky idea of putting rainlendar on my thumb drive so I don't have to keep sync'ing the calendar files b/w different computers.

After opening rainlendar, or any stand alone app, from the thumbdrive, all the MP3 ID3 Tags revert to their filenames in RR. The audio library display seems unaffected. Only the playlist and labels lose their ability to display ID3 tag info.

Have to reload RR to get them to display properly.

FYI.

You rule guino!

RR#1!
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

That's a wacky but clever idea... I am puzzled however as to why it would affect RR's playlist.. Unless you're running RR on a different folder or something messed with RR.INI, TagCache.ini (Both in RR's folder) OR Winamp.m3u (in winamp's folder).. this shouldn't be happening.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Well, RR is installed in the default directory: C:\Program Files\Road Runner\

The command line used to bring up Rainlender is this:

ExecTBL.ini
      "UTIL04A","LOAD;$UTIL04appskin$;RUN;$UTIL04apppath $;$UTIL04appname$"

skin.ini
      UTIL04L=Rainlendar
      UTIL04appskin=Rainlendar.skin
      UTIL04apppath=H:\Program Files\Rainlendar\Rainlendar.exe
      UTIL04appname=Rainlendar
      UTIL04icon=calendar.png

where H:\ is the thumbdrive.

If I run Rainlendar off the C:\ drive, all is well and I don't experience the loss of ID3 tag display information.

Same thing happens if I run rainlendar using:

"LOAD;Rainlendar.skin;RUN;H:\Program Files\Rainlendar\Rainlendar.exe;Rainlendar"
      Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

can you try something like "notepad" to see if it happens ? It's hard to believe it's something RR's doing..
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Okay, I tried running notepad and rainlendar off a thumbdrive on my two dev machines, plus my carPC. It seems to only do it on one dev machine running Win NT 2000.

Doesn't seem to be affecting RR on XP SP1 & 2.

Comment

That's even weirder... using the same winamp on win 2000 ?
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Yup. Same winamp.

Comment

Working...
              X