Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RoadRunner 09/09/07 -- Line-In/Winamp volume resets to 0% on resume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RoadRunner 09/09/07 -- Line-In/Winamp volume resets to 0% on resume

    Since I put 09/09 on my system, the line-in (sirius) and winamp reset themselves to 0% on resume sometimes.

    I think that if Sirius is playing while the computer goes into standby, then the problem happens. I dont think it happens if the music is playing.

    So The Winamp volume goes to 0% and the Linein goes to 0%, and so as soon as I go to the equalizer I just drag up the volume again, but it is pretty annoying. I am using Winamp 5 and not 2.95. I thought that was a problem so installed 2.95 and same deal. So I put it back to 5 for the nifty visualizations.

    So any idea what's up here?

    And my volume buttons are mapped to the Master line, and that as well as the Wave volume stays put. And while the computer is up and running, no problems whatsoever. I can switch between Sirius and music and video and everything and it works perfectly. I have unchecked the "Mute Winamp on exit" checkbox in RRConfig (THe one made by Blue).

    EDIT: Oh and on a some what unrelated note 1 time when I had the GPS screen active when it went into standby, and then after it resumed everytime I closed the GPS by clicking the X is RR, when I changed to the music skin and selected a song, the GPS window would reload ontop. And it wouldnt go away. It hasnt happened since, so i dunno.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  • #2
    sounds like it could be something with the line-in plugin.. but do you by any chance use a USB sound card or anything like that ? there's nothing in the code (RR itself) that makes any changes in volume when hibernating/resuming, however some skin/plugin (even a winamp plugin) could be doing that.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

    Comment


    • #3
      lm using onboard sound, and no plugins with the BMV2 skin.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

      Comment


      • #4
        I have a similar issue,

        When my carpc resumes from hibernate, the master volume is typically muted. Not always, but it happens 90% of the time.

        I don't think its RR though. Even if I just run winamp 5 and hibernate and resume, this issue occurs.

        I do use a USB soundcard, so maybe its related to that. I'm still trying to narrow it down.
        -TJ
        Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
        CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
        Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

        Comment


        • #5
          @2k: try hibernating with only winamp running and see if the problem occurs.. if so, it's unlikely to be RR related -- I'd say it's either settings or drivers of some running application.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

          "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by guino View Post
            @2k: try hibernating with only winamp running and see if the problem occurs.. if so, it's unlikely to be RR related -- I'd say it's either settings or drivers of some running application.
            Ok, I'll try that. Ill let you know.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

            Comment


            • #7
              This happens to me too since I installed a Roadrunner update. I can hibernate/resume all I want and it works fine. And if I exit Roadrunner and load it again, it still works fine. But the second I touch the volume up or down, it goes to zero. I can't turn it up because my volume meter is telling me it's on full already so I got to go all the way down to min and then all the way back up to max to get it working again. This happens every single time I exit Road Runner and open it again. But not when I hibernate/resume, that works fine.
              Ampie Case
              2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
              Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
              M2-ATX-HV

              2005 Honda Civic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                Since I put 09/09 on my system, the line-in (sirius) and winamp reset themselves to 0% on resume sometimes.

                I think that if Sirius is playing while the computer goes into standby, then the problem happens. I dont think it happens if the music is playing.

                So The Winamp volume goes to 0% and the Linein goes to 0%, and so as soon as I go to the equalizer I just drag up the volume again, but it is pretty annoying. I am using Winamp 5 and not 2.95. I thought that was a problem so installed 2.95 and same deal. So I put it back to 5 for the nifty visualizations.

                So any idea what's up here?

                And my volume buttons are mapped to the Master line, and that as well as the Wave volume stays put. And while the computer is up and running, no problems whatsoever. I can switch between Sirius and music and video and everything and it works perfectly. I have unchecked the "Mute Winamp on exit" checkbox in RRConfig (THe one made by Blue).

                EDIT: Oh and on a some what unrelated note 1 time when I had the GPS screen active when it went into standby, and then after it resumed everytime I closed the GPS by clicking the X is RR, when I changed to the music skin and selected a song, the GPS window would reload ontop. And it wouldnt go away. It hasnt happened since, so i dunno.
                I am glad to see I am not the only one! I have searched and even tried the vol_resume.pst fix in the exec.tbl file that a member uses to turn his music down and even that does not work all the time. I will also try mine outside of roadrunner with winamp only and report back.
                The Car 2005 Scion xB

                The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                  This happens to me too since I installed a Roadrunner update. I can hibernate/resume all I want and it works fine. And if I exit Roadrunner and load it again, it still works fine. But the second I touch the volume up or down, it goes to zero. I can't turn it up because my volume meter is telling me it's on full already so I got to go all the way down to min and then all the way back up to max to get it working again. This happens every single time I exit Road Runner and open it again. But not when I hibernate/resume, that works fine.
                  This issue is normally a matter of setting mastermapvol=0 in RR.INI or updating the sound card's drivers..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                  "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    any ideas about this? i'm having the same issue: winamp and line-in volume set to 0 when resuming from hibernate. I don't think it happens everytime, i'm trying to figure out if hibernating in a particular state causes this (playing mp3s vs sat radio, etc)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jizzajam View Post
                      any ideas about this? i'm having the same issue: winamp and line-in volume set to 0 when resuming from hibernate. I don't think it happens everytime, i'm trying to figure out if hibernating in a particular state causes this (playing mp3s vs sat radio, etc)
                      I think this is (as guino said) a Winamp issue. And I cant figure it out. I just uninstalled RR, and uninstalled Winamp. Then put on winamp 2.95 and RR version 11/04/06 and same deal. So I think it has something to do with that winamp dll being registered or something. That is the only variable that has changed. If I figure it out I will post.


                      Also that crazy GPS thing happened again. Question for guino: If the name of the window for GPS does not match the actual name of the window, will it constantly open new versions of the GPS each time? I think what happened was I standby/resumed a few times in the GPS screen, so it spawned like 15 instances, and then when I pressed close, it would just seem like a new opened up, but it could be that it just showed me #14 of #15 because after I clicked close all the time, it worked fine. I am still investigating this...
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Maybe you guys want to try usbsound=true in RR.INI -- this forces RR to wait for the mixer to become available after resuming (normally only USB sound cards "disconnect" on hibernate/standby). I do recommend testing winamp on its own to see how it works, and it should be similar in RR, and if it isn't, hibernateaware=false should make it EXACTLY as it is when outside RR.

                        If the GPS title doesn't allow RR to find the GPS already opened, it will open a new process. A partial match should be enough to find it, but not if it's miss-spelled.. just make sure you check the window title in winspectorspy cause sometimes what you see in the window frame is not the actual title for it.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                        "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X