Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant start RR after installation (win98 SE)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant start RR after installation (win98 SE)

Hi Guino, thanks a lot for RR

i downloaded and installed RR installshield package (roadrunner.exe) on my win98 SE (Pentium II 333, 64MB, 4.3GB HDD) yesterday. the installer ran fine but failed to start RR Config after that. I got error some VB6 DLL not found (msvbvm60.dll to be exact). I then download vbrun60sp3.exe from microsoft and installed, when i started RR Config, RR didnt produce any error but did nothing. the mouse pointer just change to sandclock for several seconds and back to normal, nothing happened

please advise what i should do to get it run?

RR or the Config when nothing happened?
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Config

config was the one which required msvbvm60.dll, RR asks for another dll as well but lets solve it later

Comment

You can download an older RR and use the Config from it which is tested on 98SE.. RR itself should also run on 98SE, but advanced features such as skins with transparency will NOT work in 98SE. Older skins such as BMV2 should work normally.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

which version you recommend? thanks

Comment

I always recommend the latest RR, but either you'll have to set it up manually in RR.INI (the settings are explained in readme.txt) OR you'll have to download an earlier version like 4-11 which includes the older config which definitely runs on win98SE.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I was going to post a test version of the config that "might" work for win98, just been really busy trying to finialize my Media plugin for a complete test by the end of the weekend.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

Comment

Here goes nothing....give this one a try.

Make sure you rename it back to "RRConfig.exe"
                Attached Files

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                RRMedia
                RRExtended
                DFXVoice

Comment

thanks a lot Blue ZX3 and Guino, never imagined such a fast support for a free software. I will give it a try tonight when i am home. i am now at work. G'day

Comment

Try also downloading a current version of the config, as I just tested it using VPC 2007 win98 and the current one ran just fine...

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                      Try also downloading a current version of the config, as I just tested it using VPC 2007 win98 and the current one ran just fine...
                      please bear with me if i am wrong, from what i think, after the installation completes, I just simply click exit button and leave the "load RR Config" checked. is that right? or do i need to open the ini text file to do something before that?

yesterday i remove RR and tried install it again, still got that same symptom, sandclock for a moment and turned back to pointer, nothing happened

fyi, sound blaster 16 card works fine, my win98 works fine, winamp works fine producing excellent music. just the RR, I am only a step away from putting the PC in car and enjoy it on the road

btw, i've been working in IT for 10 years. I am familiar with VB6 programming, windows systems, database...etc. so please dont be afraid to be so technical where actually needed (No technical slangs will help many others in this forum, so i say "where actually needed")

many thanks guys

Comment

Ok, because of your posting...I actually did some win98 RRconfig trouble shooting and have a small list of things that will be fixed for the next config update to make it more 98 friendly, but for now using the current version and placing that dll file in the roadrunner folder should allow it to complete its starup function and pop up the config window.

One small problem is any of the comboboxes WILL NOT dropdown, but if you click on the text and scroll up/dn you will still be able to change the values...

You want to uncheck it, as I have never used the installer(untill now). The version of the config is included in the installer is not going to work for you.

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

Comment

hi guys, one good news: the new file RRConfig.exe you sent today has worked for me and one bad news: RoadRunner.exe keep asking for GDIPlus.dll but the package only has GDIPlusWrapper.dll

how do i go from this?

Thanks

Comment

got the file from my winxp laptop, copied it over, havent registered it yet, RoadRunner.exe started its logo but stopped with an error not being able to load some outdated Flash files. it was able to load winamp before that but thats it

Comment

i found a flash.ocx somewhere on internet, downloaded it, copied it to c:\windows\system then registered it by running regsvr32

it is working now haha

Comment

Working...
                              X