Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEARCHFILES and ilists crash

i am not sure if this is a bug so plz Guino move this if i am wrong
    i only used the "SEARCHFILES" once or twice in the past so i am not sure if the next 2 things should be considered "normal"

1. when the search results are displayed showin the entire path of the song?? (too long in my case c:\documents and settings...\...\...\my music )
    2. ilists crash after making a search..the text is kind of broken, need to restart RR

I just tested it here and it worked.. it is supposed to have the paths there but replaced by the proper titles as soon as they're read from file.. chances are there's something in one of the files displayed that's crashing RR's tag loader functions.. search something else and see if it also crashes -- try a skin without ilist to see if it crashes as well.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

nope..
      i did search something else but the text is broken again..and the full paths are displayed..the ilists work OK but the "selected item" of the ilist is broken

edit: same result if i try normal lists.. (offcourse no ilists crashing here lol)

Comment

ok tried it more..in normal lists
        if the search results are a lot and require scrolling..as soon as i scroll to the end of the list the full paths disappear and the titles appear!!!!
        if the results are 2 or 3 no way to display the titles

Comment

set lazytag=true -- I think I found a bug when it's false.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

thanks Guino, that fixed the tags not loading..
            but the ilists keep crashing after the search is performed

Comment

ok, does it show any error message ?
              can you make a debug log ?
              Does it also crash if you're using a standard list?
              Did you try an iList from a different skin ?
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

rr is not crashing..the ilist is..
                what i mean is the text shows broken on the "selected item" kind of just the text outline shows i don't know if you get what i mean, i will try to make a screen shot tomorrow
                normal lists work normal
                i made the ilists, they are not on a specific skin :P, i will see maybe flash has something to do with it..i have lots..

Comment

ok here is what happens
                  1. everything is normal (1st pic)
                  2. i perform a search.. search is performed OK and tags are loaded (after setting the lazytag as you said previously)
                  3. as soon as i press the "back" command the ilist is messed up as seen in 2nd pic..
                  notice the color of the unsel.bmp is messed up (i use a black bmp with a grey stripe in the bottom..the whole unsel.bmp becomes black!!) and the text of the "selected item is messed up"
                  if i go back to the audio.skin, the ilist there is showing OK, but if i then go back to the browser.skin the ilist is still messed up
                  Attached Files

Comment

there's probably something wrong with the IL definition then.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Code:
                      /, S, x, y, w, h, fore R;RGB, G, B,  back R;RGB, G, B,  folder R;RGB, G, B,  file R;RGB, G, B, selected R;RGB, G, B, select R;RGB, G, B, trs, font pt;FONT, font name
                      S,159,142,570,379,0,255,0,0,0,0,0,255,0,0,255,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,26,"Century Gothic"
                      IL,DL,unsel.bmp,sel.bmp,,1,20,70
                      i really think the definition is OK

Comment

Working...
                      X