OSKTOCMD/OSKTOVAR don't wait until I press ENTER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSKTOCMD/OSKTOVAR don't wait until I press ENTER

I have written my own playlist search tool, which is running fine. I now want to embed the program in my skin, i.e. enter the searchstring with the OSK and launch the search tool after this. I tried this button code:

Code:
    B12,700,200,080,040,"OSKTOCMD;searchstring||RUN;search.exe|$searchstring$|WHOLE"
    RoadRunner doesn't wait till I press ENTER on the OSK, though. The OSK appears and the program directly launches. To check what the problem is I added an delay after the OSKTOCMD command:

Code:
    B12,700,200,080,040,"OSKTOCMD;searchstring||WAIT;10||RUN;search.exe|$searchstring$|WHOLE"
    Now when I press the button the OSK appears and RR waits 10 seconds, then the program is RUN.

I don't see the sense in this function when RR doesn't wait for me to enter something at the OSK. Instead it should wait until I press ENTER at the OSK.

EDIT: It's the same with OSKTOVAR.

EDIT2: RR 11-02-2007

To my wondering eyes...it looks like you didn't follow the skin cmd txt...(tisk, tisk)

Proper OSKTOCMD usage...

"OSDTOCMD;searchstring;RUN;search.exe|$searchstrin g$|WHOLE" <-- this is your line corrected..

"OSKTOCMD;<NAME OF VARIABLE>;<COMMAND TO EXECUTE>"

oh, and my I add that you might want to try my media plugin when its released...
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
      To my wondering eyes...it looks like you didn't follow the skin cmd txt...(tisk, tisk)
      Yeah, you're right. I really thought I read it correctly, sorry about that . Thanks alot . I'll look out for your media plugin.

If someone is interested: It seems you have to separate the args with spaces here. This line works for me:
      B12,700,200,080,040,"OSKTOCMD;searchstring;RUN;sea rch.exe|$searchstring$ WHOLE"

Comment

Working...
      X