Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR and destinator 7

Hi all,

I have searched all the forums for an answer to my question but cant seem to find one. When i load my gps software through a skin (this happens no matter what skin i use) it doesnt display the whole screen, in otherds the gps screen with the map is not centred properly in RR. How can i fix this?

Michael

My first suggestion s is that you haven't got the window name correct so it doesn't get 'grabbed' and attached.

Got any pics?

plus what is in your RRconfig for GPS settings.

Comment

Destinator 7 doesn't embed properly in anything !
      It uses two different window titles for the GPS screen and the Menu screen. It needs a wrapper utility writing for it before it's going to be truly useful as an embeded app in a Front End.
      Until then the best that can be achieved is to run as a separate single application .....possibly full screen.
      Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
      Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
      Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

i can 2nd this post

Originally posted by wizz View Post
        Destinator 7 doesn't embed properly in anything !
        It uses two different window titles for the GPS screen and the Menu screen. It needs a wrapper utility writing for it before it's going to be truly useful as an embeded app in a Front End.
        Until then the best that can be achieved is to run as a separate single application .....possibly full screen.
        i have d7 running and there is no way to embed it at the moment,shame as its a vast improvement on d6
        Riderunner / Genesis
        Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
        New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
        Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
        Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
        Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

Thought so...

Is it possible to add the other window name (ie the actual map window) into roadrunner? Can you still use RR to initiate destinator 7 and go switch back to RR?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by miak69 View Post
            Is it possible to add the other window name (ie the actual map window) into roadrunner? Can you still use RR to initiate destinator 7 and go switch back to RR?

Michael
            As far as I am aware RR will only handle one window title at present....hence the need to wrap them both into a form that RR can handle.
            D7 opens with Menu.......so doesn't sound possible I'm afraid.
            If D7 functioned correctly in RR or whatever FE, then I think a lot of people would use it.
            Especially the Guys my side of the Pond that don't have an up to date iGuidance to use.

Comment

Okay, i have just got D7 to work in RR. I need to experiment a little with trying to shrink the D7 window but at least i can use D7 in RR now with all its functionality. Will post any updates / solutions to this.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by miak69 View Post
                Okay, i have just got D7 to work in RR. I need to experiment a little with trying to shrink the D7 window but at least i can use D7 in RR now with all its functionality. Will post any updates / solutions to this.

Michael
                It doesn't sound like D7 is embeded though, just running separately. Do you have acess to the media controls on the D7 screen ?

Comment

I have access to the media controls the screen crashes on me sometimes though. Need to sort out some bugs as i get d7 to go full screen with the media controls and it freezes and crashes on me.

Comment

Hi miak69,
                    Please Do post your updates on having a working solution of D7 with RR.
                    ----------------------
                    Honda City

Comment

Hi all,

I haven't spent much time on this lately, but i am about to spend a few days trying to sort the problem out as it is the only problem left to resolve before my carputer is ready for use.

Michael

Comment

It has finally been solved! Go here for instructions

http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=8729

Comment

Originally posted by miak69
                          It has finally been solved! Go here for instructions

http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=8729
                          yes d7 can be forced ,into RR but it still plays up and you have to restart it evry 45 min's or so, as d7 is an advance on d6, d6 is still far better then D7 , what i would suggest is dump D7 but kept the maps ,and place them into D6 and use D6 instead as it plays alot nicer .
                          Riderunner / Genesis
                          Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
                          New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
                          Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
                          Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
                          Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

These thread is a little bit quiet, so, I donīt no if you guys already use the Destinator 7, but I find a stable version to pc...

But I still using the Destinator 6, maybe because the skin fitīs good in the DFX4, or maybe because.... I am a lazy guy hehehehehe

Anyway, if you guys need help... let me know
                            Engineering: Where the rubber meets the road!
                            RR Skin RED 2.0 http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-s...red-2-0-a.html

Comment

Originally posted by marteline View Post
                              These thread is a little bit quiet, so, I donīt no if you guys already use the Destinator 7, but I find a stable version to pc...

Do you mean that there is a D7 version out there that does not need restarting every 45minutes or so or are have I misunderstood you.
                              The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Working...
                              X