Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug Thread?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bug Thread?

    Not meaning to nag, but is there going to be a bug thread?

    I've found a few things, but I don't want to being pestering. Especially with updates coming out daily!
    Progress Meter:

    [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

    It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

    "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

  • #2
    OK, I noticed a couple of things. If they were posted on other threads, I apologized if I missed them.

    I don't use id3 tags, so some of my problems are described from that.

    OK...

    -- I see RR can't handle an ampersand (&). I'm getting an underscore in place of the ampersand.

    -- Also, along the lines of punctuation. I've noticed that RR changes the capitilization of file titles. A few examples. If you have an artist, then a dash, then the title of the song, if there aren't spaces, then it will make it lower case.

    Ex: Crosby, Stills, Nash _Young -southern Cross
    Should be: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Southern Cross

    The space that is missing from the dash and "southern" is making southern lower case. I may just be a nut about this because I teach English, but it's something I noticed. I had the same problem with names that are Mc.. like Reba McEntire, it showed the name Mcentire.

    -- When there is no music in the playlist, I'm getting the winamp "open file" dialog. This can be hard to do when driving a car. I know it's probably never going to happen that there's nothing cued to play, but might be something to look at.

    With all this being said, let me thank you for such a sweet program. Other then what I mentioned, this program is EXACTLY what we were all waiting for. Plus the flexibility to customize, the jog-wheel feature, etc. Very well done.
    Progress Meter:

    [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

    It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

    "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by carpcnoobie
      OK, I noticed a couple of things. If they were posted on other threads, I apologized if I missed them.

      I don't use id3 tags, so some of my problems are described from that.

      OK...

      -- I see RR can't handle an ampersand (&). I'm getting an underscore in place of the ampersand.

      -- Also, along the lines of punctuation. I've noticed that RR changes the capitilization of file titles. A few examples. If you have an artist, then a dash, then the title of the song, if there aren't spaces, then it will make it lower case.

      Ex: Crosby, Stills, Nash _Young -southern Cross
      Should be: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Southern Cross

      The space that is missing from the dash and "southern" is making southern lower case. I may just be a nut about this because I teach English, but it's something I noticed. I had the same problem with names that are Mc.. like Reba McEntire, it showed the name Mcentire.

      -- When there is no music in the playlist, I'm getting the winamp "open file" dialog. This can be hard to do when driving a car. I know it's probably never going to happen that there's nothing cued to play, but might be something to look at.

      With all this being said, let me thank you for such a sweet program. Other then what I mentioned, this program is EXACTLY what we were all waiting for. Plus the flexibility to customize, the jog-wheel feature, etc. Very well done.
      -expect ampersand to be fixed in the new update
      -On the casing I have a "FirstCase" function in use as to prevent the list from being a mess (showing a bunch of songs all lower or upper case according to the file name)
      -I'll see if I can make the Audio Browser show up when resume/play is used and nothing is in the playlist, this way you should not get the open dialog, how does that sound ?

      I hope you guys do realize that this is a fairly early stage of this project, so expect many bugs along the way.. I just figured that by posting it (even with bugs) I could get a lot of help testing ANDget suggestions for options/changes etc.. so far, this is working well
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

      "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for looking into that.

        By no means am I complaining. I certainly see can understand this is an early version. You just have a whole lot of beta testers. I thought I would start a thread to point things out as we see 'em.

        Thanks again. Looking forward to future releases. Then again, as fast as you've been updating this program, it should be fixed up in no time flat. Great job!
        Progress Meter:

        [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

        It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

        "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

        Comment


        • #5
          When playing music I sometimes want to pause current playing song. Pressing play sometimes goes to next song. On another hit of play it pauses OK, this time on the next song. Any ideas?

          Another question, would it be possible to display more info about currently playing song, let's say author at least. Is this upcoming with ID3 support?

          Oh, just remembered this one. When selecting a song to play from the list would be great to just press one time, not twice (single click instead of double click) to play the song.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BadWave
            When playing music I sometimes want to pause current playing song. Pressing play sometimes goes to next song. On another hit of play it pauses OK, this time on the next song. Any ideas?

            Another question, would it be possible to display more info about currently playing song, let's say author at least. Is this upcoming with ID3 support?

            Oh, just remembered this one. When selecting a song to play from the list would be great to just press one time, not twice (single click instead of double click) to play the song.
            -This play/pause deal has been discussed already. Hit Play/pause on the same song (selected) on the playlist and it will play/pause the song. Hit Play/pause in another song selected in the playlist and it will play the SELECTED song -- If you want to make the software automatically select the currently playing song, use listfollowssong=true in RR.INI (or use config tool).

            -Yeah, I'll be sure to make commands available to pull up the Artist, Album, Track Number, Genre and Year info from a song. Hard will be finding/making a skin that will allow you enough space to display all that stuff.

            -I do not think that one click to play is a good idea because people would do it by accident and start playing the wrong song. If a double click is too hard for you, just click once to select the song then hit PLAY and it will play the new song you selected.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

            "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't know if this is a bug or it was ment to work like this.
              When I select a skin from within RR and exit the program, the next time it is reloaded, the previous skin comes up (the one selected in the RR configuration progam) and not the skin selected within RR.
              The road is long but we are getting there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by guino
                -I do not think that one click to play is a good idea because people would do it by accident and start playing the wrong song. If a double click is too hard for you, just click once to select the song then hit PLAY and it will play the new song you selected.
                Would it make sense to make an option for that? Personaly I would like one click but I do understand your concerns. I guess everyone has it's own needs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tolisn
                  I don't know if this is a bug or it was ment to work like this.
                  When I select a skin from within RR and exit the program, the next time it is reloaded, the previous skin comes up (the one selected in the RR configuration progam) and not the skin selected within RR.
                  You should define your DEFAULT skin in RR.INI. It does NOT try to remember your last selected skin -- so it's not a bug.
                  But if enough people want that to happen, I can make it do it..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                  "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by guino
                    -On the casing I have a "FirstCase" function in use as to prevent the list from being a mess (showing a bunch of songs all lower or upper case according to the file name)
                    OK, it's just causing problems with various songs and titles. Like I have Boyz Ii Men or Tlc. And if there's anything in a paranthesis, then it will cause probs as well. It's more odd to see. But it's also a bit of a pet-peave of mine.
                    Progress Meter:

                    [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

                    It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

                    "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by carpcnoobie
                      OK, it's just causing problems with various songs and titles. Like I have Boyz Ii Men or Tlc. And if there's anything in a paranthesis, then it will cause probs as well. It's more odd to see. But it's also a bit of a pet-peave of mine.
                      Added an option to NOT FORMAT the casing of files/folders for you and whoever else might complain about it... expect next version soon.
                      In addition there will be NO formatting of ID3 tags, exactly because it's expected that the ID3 info has been prepared in advance.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                      "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Another small thingie with master volume. When dealing with 10% or less step to increase/decrease is 1%. When going up works fine till 10%, then shifts to 5%. Going down there must be "less or equal" problem. When on 10% and pushing decrease button decreases for 5%. It should only for 1%. Not very annoying as you can reach 9% from 10% with 1 (down for 5) + 4 (up for 4) steps but as it is simple to resolve, why not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The brush metal skin does not wrok the new buttons on the bottom left circle will not select as if they are just pictures the button at the top select. What is wrong?
                          www.vortexleather.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There's a little problem managing playlist. If you click clearlist or add one buttons it seems nothing to happen. The playlist isn't modified but actually the changes are not displayed. I.e. if you add a song when its moment arrive it give runtime error #9. RR stop whit some black lines over the playlist, then the program close but remains winamp opened in background playing the song. What is the log file?
                            See my car and donate for spinning logos at www.ildena.it/carpc

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BadWave
                              Another small thingie with master volume. When dealing with 10% or less step to increase/decrease is 1%. When going up works fine till 10%, then shifts to 5%. Going down there must be "less or equal" problem. When on 10% and pushing decrease button decreases for 5%. It should only for 1%. Not very annoying as you can reach 9% from 10% with 1 (down for 5) + 4 (up for 4) steps but as it is simple to resolve, why not.
                              The way it should work is: for 10% and above, increases/decrease by 5%.. for 10% below should increase/decrease by 1%.. if this is not happening, you might have a "in between" volume set outsite RR which would cause it to set volumes like 12%, 17% etc.. in those cases, you can go all the way up (100%) or all the way down (0%) and it should then set the volumes correctly.. I guess I can make it set the volume to "Preset" values (5, 10, 15% etc).. should be much to do..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                              "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X