Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR fails to load / vis display glitch

just noticed the bug thread

on my car pc (laptop) the embedded milkdrop works perfect when the eye button is first pressed
    if you then click the playlist search (audio browser screen) without cancelling the vis, the vis appears on top of the browser window.

if you return to the audio player, then back to browser search - the vis cancels correctly, then reappears on returning to the audio player.

if you then hover the mouse over the 'back' button (to return to the main menu) the vis screen pops in and out of embed (a windows border cycles appear/disappear).

So - i thought i'd try and replicate the problem on my shuttle desktop..

shuttle won't run any version of RR since vis has been introduced (12/2/05?)

non vis version runs perfectly, DVD embedded (frodoDVD), playlist perfect etc.

Originally posted by RhinoT16S
    just noticed the bug thread

on my car pc (laptop) the embedded milkdrop works perfect when the eye button is first pressed
    if you then click the playlist search (audio browser screen) without cancelling the vis, the vis appears on top of the browser window.

if you return to the audio player, then back to browser search - the vis cancels correctly, then reappears on returning to the audio player.

if you then hover the mouse over the 'back' button (to return to the main menu) the vis screen pops in and out of embed (a windows border cycles appear/disappear).

So - i thought i'd try and replicate the problem on my shuttle desktop..

shuttle won't run any version of RR since vis has been introduced (12/2/05?)

non vis version runs perfectly, DVD embedded (frodoDVD), playlist perfect etc.
    Interesting, you're not the first to report issues with the new version.. I have reasons to believe it might be the "flash" support. cause the vis is really nothing that complex.. I've put out another update you might want to try.. it does have extra fixes for the vis problems that you were talking about..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

OK i'll try the revised version on both machines and report back...

Thanks,

Comment

On the 15th Feb version I'm also having probs with visualisations ... will try the update and see if this resolves ... no biggy for me though as I rarely use visualisations.

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
          On the 15th Feb version I'm also having probs with visualisations ... will try the update and see if this resolves ... no biggy for me though as I rarely use visualisations.
          yeah.. 2-15 was far from perfect.. not saying the update is either, but hopefully better...
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

here we go..

17/2/05 version: on laptop x 2 runs fine all working OK - vis cancels correctly on entering browser then reappears on exit to player.
            only problem i can find is if you open vis, go to browser, clear playlist, add something else, return to player and switch off vis - the playlist is blank.
            i.e. any changes to playlist while vis is active result in blank playlist.
            if you then cancel vis, add something in browser, return to playlist - the full playlist reappears inc. previously 'invisible items' added when vis was active.

17/2/05 version: shuttle desktop hangs - winamp appears, then everything stops.... same since 12/2/05 onwards? (vis/flash added)
            winamp/milkdrop work perfectly on shuttle externally from RR.

phew.

Comment

here we go..

17/2/05 version: on laptop x 2 runs fine all working OK - vis cancels correctly on entering browser then reappears on exit to player.
              only problem i can find is if you open vis, go to browser, clear playlist, add something else, return to player and switch off vis - the playlist is blank.
              i.e. any changes to playlist while vis is active result in blank playlist.
              if you then cancel vis, add something in browser, return to playlist - the full playlist reappears inc. previously 'invisible items' added when vis was active.

17/2/05 version: shuttle desktop hangs - winamp appears, then everything stops.... same since 12/2/05 onwards? (vis/flash added)
              winamp/milkdrop work perfectly on shuttle externally from RR.

phew.
              Log file ? Also, would you mind trying two things:
              -Delete all your INI files and re config with RRConfig
              -Download the latest Shockwave and Flash support from Macromedia's site.

Let me know thanks,
              Guino.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

1) Vis window appear and disappear with 2 clicks of visualization button...
                Solved. I haven't read the post about integration with winamp

2) If you have a main screen with trackname and you go to tv, when exiting it countinue displaying items of the channel list but playing however audio tracks. Probably trackname variable must be reassociated with audio player list when leaving tv...
                See my car and donate for spinning logos at www.ildena.it/carpc

Comment

OK i've double checked all is up to date.

shuttle will not run any rr.exe after 10.2.05 (i.e. 12.2.05 through 17.02.05 all give this problem)

log as:

17/02/2005 13:01:57: Start
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: Master Vol: Monitor Out/4
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: GetLineControl Failed: 401
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: No Treble Support
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: No Bass Support
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: No Master ON/OFF
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: Source: Wave=&H1008/1
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: Source: SW Synth=&H1004/2
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: Source: CD Player=&H1005/3
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: Winamp window not found.
                  17/02/2005 13:01:57: Shell: "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe"
                  17/02/2005 13:01:58: Shell: "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\gamma\gammacontrol.exe"

...then RR hangs, only visible in window task manager.
                  winamp etc all work OK standalone.. as does RR 10.2.05

Comment

Originally posted by ildena
                    1) Vis window appear and disappear with 2 clicks of visualization button...
                    Solved. I haven't read the post about integration with winamp

2) If you have a main screen with trackname and you go to tv, when exiting it countinue displaying items of the channel list but playing however audio tracks. Probably trackname variable must be reassociated with audio player list when leaving tv...
                    I'll look into this.. I have to test it on a diff computer to play with TV..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

OK i've double checked all is up to date.

shuttle will not run any rr.exe after 10.2.05 (i.e. 12.2.05 through 17.02.05 all give this problem)

log as:

17/02/2005 13:01:57: Start
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: Master Vol: Monitor Out/4
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: No Treble Support
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: No Bass Support
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: No Master ON/OFF
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: Source: Wave=&H1008/1
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: Source: SW Synth=&H1004/2
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: Source: CD Player=&H1005/3
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: Winamp window not found.
                      17/02/2005 13:01:57: Shell: "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe"
                      17/02/2005 13:01:58: Shell: "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\gamma\gammacontrol.exe"

...then RR hangs, only visible in window task manager.
                      winamp etc all work OK standalone.. as does RR 10.2.05
                      Is it ok for me to send you a "non-flash" version for you to try on that "shuttle" machine ? I remember having a similar issue in one of my desktops, but without doing anything (really) it started to work again with newer versions of RR. Let me know..
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

happy to try another version - PM sent.

Thanks,

Comment

happy to try another version - PM sent.

Thanks,
                          If the non-flash version works and the same version but with flash doesn't, I may start offering both versions of the software.. although people are really getting into a liking of the flash stuff.. but then who woudn't it's pretty cool
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

OK so i fixed it. non-flash worked straight away

i then tried the latest RR (19 2 05) and it was 'broken' again.
                            before installing this RR version i had updated both shockwave and flash players from macromedia.com - both said installed OK. weird?

then for the hell of it i updated from macromedia again using IE instead of Firefox. result? RR now runs fine.

i thought an update from macromedia was shared browser wide - not browser specific i.e. for each browser individually.

there must be code in RR which looks in the IE specific location for flash - firefox users (like me) wouldn't normally have this, so RR falls over.

hope this helps!

Comment

so RR 19 2 05 actually runs on both machines now, both have vis working.

however, both machines show no title scrolling regardless of settings (i am using the updated skin file - also tried older skin with "scroll" amendment).

is there anything else required other than the "scroll" text to initiate the scrolling function?

also; the flash logo on the front menu IS working - so i'm not sure if this is a flash problem still.

Thanks..

Comment

Working...
                              X