Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse don't hide after hibernation

New problem

Even if I select "Mouse Hide" option, after my PC wake up from the hibernation the mouse is still visible... Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone, as usual
    Garo

Author Of:
    CarPC Installation on my Seat Toledo

ummm... I have to check this out.. never had a problem with it, but I guess I can add extra code to make sure this will not happen..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

In fact, this is probably a problem of my PC since I had this problem even when I used MediaCar... However, it would be good if you could add a code to correct this

Thanks a lot!!!
      Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Yeah I have this problem also, the mouse appears again after I come back from hibernation. I would greatly appreciate it if you could add some code to fix it
        My Projects:

Old project
        2000 A4
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=2000+audi
        New Project
        2006 Montero
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6-4x4-swb.html

Comment

Please try this versison:
          http://rmc.pimpedwheels.com/RoadRunnerBinary.zip
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Perfect!!

This one works perfectly!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Another little question: using map monkey embedded in RR, I have to "auto hide" windows start bar, otherwise it will pop up occasionally.There's a way to fix this?

Thanks again
            Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Originally posted by garo
              Perfect!!

This one works perfectly!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Another little question: using map monkey embedded in RR, I have to "auto hide" windows start bar, otherwise it will pop up occasionally.There's a way to fix this?

Thanks again
              You should NOT use the auto hide option in the taskbar.. you should instead, disable the "keep taskbar on top" option.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Thanks a lot, you're right!!! I'm so dumb that I just didn't see that option
                Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Guino, can't you implement an option to hide the taskbar completely when RR is active, i can't help you with VB-code (and you probably know this already) but the Delphi code to do this is:

TaskBarHandle := FindWindow('Shell_TrayWnd',Nil);
                  ShowWindow(TaskBarHandle, SW_HIDE);

Then SW_SHOW to show taskbar again...

Just my humble opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Passe
                    Guino, can't you implement an option to hide the taskbar completely when RR is active, i can't help you with VB-code (and you probably know this already) but the Delphi code to do this is:

TaskBarHandle := FindWindow('Shell_TrayWnd',Nil);
                    ShowWindow(TaskBarHandle, SW_HIDE);

Then SW_SHOW to show taskbar again...

Just my humble opinion...
                    Yeah, thought about that... but some people WANT the taskbar there.. so it'd have to be an option.. and when ON, if the program crashes or you have to kill it for whatever reason, you'd not get the taskbar back!
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Hi Guino,
                      I'm sad but occasionally the mouse reappears again... An then, after the next hibernation, it may be hidden again, without any apparent reason!

:'(
                      Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Ok... I'll make it so that between every screen it can hide/show the mouse.. how does that sound ? That's all I can think of, I mean, I know windows is showing the mouse after hibernation, but If hiding the mouse after it comes out of hibernation is not being enough, the only thing I can do is hide the mouse everytime you go from screen to screen, so in the case where the mouse would not hide, you should only see it once, and after pressing any screen button you shouldn't see it anymore.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I think it would be great!

However, is there a method to understand if the system has just woke up from the hibernation? You may, for example, check the system clock every 10 sec; if the time is different from the expected, you may hide the mouse!

It's just an idea
                          Garo

Author Of:

Comment

it's not that really.. when I go into hibernation, I can execute something immediatly after it comes back.. and that's where I had the mouse hiding.. in fact, I was doing it about 2 seconds after the system came back out of hibernation... but it seems there are slower crap running in the machine that is showing the mouse even after that..
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Ok, I understand... So I think that the "changing screen" solution would be great

Tnx!!!
                              Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Working...
                              X