Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 2-27-05 Audio Browser problem

Hi Guys,

I updated my carPC to the 2-27-05 release over the weekend and was having problems when trying to enter the audio browser.

All is fine until I click on any artists name and the the CPU usage skyrockets to 100% and everything hangs.

Task Manager is showing RR is using between 85 - 95% CPU when this happens.

The system is running on an MII12000 mobo with 512MB RAM.

Reverting back to the 2-23-05 release fixes this and it runs fine.

Any idea's?

TIA

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
    : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
    : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Do you use flash at all on the skins?? I found my CPU usage rockets when I use a skin with flash.

Comment

I've got the flash logo working on the 2-23-05 release and CPU usage sits at about 10%.

This release does everything fine, including browsing my audio files, but when i just upgraded the binary files to 2.27.05, entering the audio browser and clicking on a folder would cause it to go straitght to 100% CPU usage.

Comment

Have you updated the skins as well??

Comment

I'm using the Brushed Metal skin from Guinos website and the the Vortex update that gives the bigger buttons in the Audio player.

Will this make a difference?

Comment

Not completely sure but I think a few commands were added recently and on the skins, what I would do is backup your current skin, download the Brushed Metal then download the update file dated the 27.02.2005 and then test again. Worth a go.

Comment

I have had this issue myself... I can't tell you why this is happening (because I don't exactly know) but I can most definitely tell you how I've fixed the issue:

Run RRConfig, Check your settings, Hit Save, hit Yes to overwrite file, then try again.

Let me know if it still doesn't work.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I updated again today to the latest release and all now seems fine.

Don't know why I was getting the problem, but glad it's fixed itself.

Comment

Working...
                X