Resume on shutdown bug again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume on shutdown bug again!

Resume on shutdown doesn't work in newest version anymore and RR doesn't always remember current playing song. It starts first song on the playlist. Deleting resume.ini and rr.ini didn't help

I had to change a few things with the power off/reboot of new version.. I may have a clue of the problem..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

RADIO PLAYLIST ISSUE, SCREEN REDRAW AND SHUTDOWN RESUME PATCH

download at: http://guino.home.insightbb.com/rr.exe

I am in the middle of other things so no release yet...
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino! I test patch at once.

Comment

Patch didn't help, newest version has still same bug

Comment

umm.. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure it was working.. if you use an automated option to shutdown instead of using RR's skin (Opus etc), then you'll have to add this to your RR.INI:

exitmute=false

Then it will never try to mute on exit.. the mute is so that when exiting the software from the TV, Radio or Video screens won't resume the music playing on winamp for a fraction of a second while shutting down..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Problem isn't mute this time. Problem is that RR doesn't start automatically playing song. It goes first song on the playlist and doesn't start Play, when I start PC and RR.

I had never this problem earlier versions.Two newest versions have this bug, or my computer is messed up

I'm using girder and RR's own shutdown command.

Comment

Ok, I have an idea of what it may be..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I was having a similar problem -- if I suspend (triggered by OPUS) while in XM radio mode, when resuming, it will still show the XM screen but start playing whatever is in the winamp playlist I tried to set "line in plugin" but that did not help. I tried to download the rr.exe in your link above but got nothing... I downloaded http://rmc.pimpedwheels.com/rr.exe -- hope that is the current version? Will try it in a minute.

Edit:

Well, if that was the right version, it didn't work, though a bug with drawing seems to be fixed... Anyway the problem is this:

When I suspend while listening to an XM station, you can see RR briefly flash to the MP3 playlist screen then the computer suspends. When it comes back up, RR is still on the XM screen but no audio is playing. When you double click on the items in the list (the XM stations) one of the MP3's in the winamp playlist begins playing instead. If you hit the back button to return to the main menu, then go into Music, the correct mp3 will indicate that it is playing.

I suspect the behavior would be the same w/ hibernate as the event name is the same...
                  MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                  See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                  Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                  Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                  BMW I-Bus Integration
                  My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

I have tested XM with HIBERNATE, never tested it with stand-by.. If you're having the issue above than its likely that the event is NOT being treated as the same in Windows.. I'll have to look at it..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Hibernate and standby are treated exactly the same, there is no difference for apps.
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

That is what I thought since girder doesn't seem to be able to distinguish them and reads the same events on both standby and hibernate -- maybe some difference between the XMPCR and the XMD1000 is causing this problem? When the XMPCR comes out of standby it doesn't automacially restart the audio stream.. you have to go through the full init again --- at least this is the case in my experience. The XMD box may perform differently.
                        MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                        BMW I-Bus Integration

Comment

Originally posted by gork
                          That is what I thought since girder doesn't seem to be able to distinguish them and reads the same events on both standby and hibernate -- maybe some difference between the XMPCR and the XMD1000 is causing this problem? When the XMPCR comes out of standby it doesn't automacially restart the audio stream.. you have to go through the full init again --- at least this is the case in my experience. The XMD box may perform differently.
                          Have you tried it with Hibernate ? I mean does it work with Hibernate and not with StandBy ?

I do send out Full Power ON commands when resuming from Hibernate, and since the stand-by is the same, it should really not matter.. this is just a guess but if your XMPCR is plugged into any kind of USB adapter, it may take it some extra time to "reset" itself and this could be the source of your issues.. I have recently swapped around my GPS and XMD because the XMD was having trouble resuming when plugged in my crappy USB-Serial Adapter...
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I switched over to hibernate when I last was in the car. I left it in XM mode, so when I head home from work tonight, I'll know if it works...

The XMPCR is plugged directly into the board's USB.. so it's a USB/Serial adaptor because that's the only way it can be attached

OTOH, I misinformed you in a previous post that the XMPCR did not automatically update track information for you when the track changes. This is not entirely true. It *used* not to do this, but it does now. I recently had to have XM "Refresh" my radio, so I think that maybe it got a firmware update at the same time? Just speculation... The song info seems only to be 16 characters though on this type of "push" update, but the track duration does come in and that was never available before...

*sigh* i just hope there is a solution to thie hibernate problem that can be found.. Sorry I have not had time to look at the RR code or maybe I'd have a better idea here.. I'll post again when I get home after testing resume from hibernate instead of standby.. Although an app cannot tell the difference between hibernate and standby, a device driver can, and there are a few of those in the mix here as well.

I guess if it works with hibernate, I'll just stick to that.. It's not nearly as nice as having the one second resume from standby, but I'll manage
                            MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                            BMW I-Bus Integration

Comment

Nope; it does not work from hibernate. I had the binary from 4/25, but I switched to the one at http://rmc.pimpedwheels.com/rr.exe .. The file you linked on the top of this thread .. http://guino.home.insightbb.com/rr.exe doesn't exist. Sorry for causing undue confusion if I am simply running the wrong binary, but I can't find the right one!
                              MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                              BMW I-Bus Integration

Comment

Working...
                              X