Interesting Interface problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Interface problem

Mouse or Touchscreen can click one button in RoadRunner and then clicking anywhere does not do anything. The screen updates are being written (XM, Audio,GPS Map, Time/Date, etc.) and I can get back to windows by killing RoadRunner via the Task Manager.

The input works consistantly for all other applications outside of RoadRunner. Is there something in RoadRunner for different input?

I could not find anyone other thread regarding a problem like this.
    Installation Status: Complete - Tinkering/tweaking state
    Equipment: ASUS Pundit-R / Opus 150W / 1.6Ghz / 512Mb / 802.11g WiFi / SB Audigy 2 NX / XM / Lilliput 7" TS / Pharos GPS
    S/W: XP / RoadRunner / MS S&T2005 / Netstumbler

Try this: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45529
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I had already tried that before I posted.... The CPU is not high when this occurred.

I end up restoring a dd image of the drive from a couple of weeks ago. It fixed the problem so I'm going to see if I can reproduce the cause.
      Equipment: ASUS Pundit-R / Opus 150W / 1.6Ghz / 512Mb / 802.11g WiFi / SB Audigy 2 NX / XM / Lilliput 7" TS / Pharos GPS

Comment

Cause Found

The problem was caused by the fact that I had a WinTV usb on the machine using radator with the Radio interface. RR was tring to start that back up but the hardware interface was removed so radator was locking up looking for the hardware and inturn locking RR.

Guino, thank you so much for this.

Comment

There's actually a direct WinTV Radio support which works (IMHO) a lot better/faster than radiator (for the WinTV cards). But glad you figured it out.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
          X