Volume & Balance problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume & Balance problem

I set up RR for using Master Volume as volume control, because it's the only way to control CD playing volume too. But when I exit RR and restart it again, master volume slider went to 0 and balance slider is "left channel". I notice these simptoms with all RR versions and all Winamp versions.
    If (in RR setup) I change the volume control to "WAVE" all works ok but CD volume can not be adjusted.

Could somebody help me?

PD: Sorry for my English. I'm better in Spanish

A few users have reported this issue... I am yet to figure out why this is happening.. can you (and perhaps other users with the same issue) post the Motherboard or Soundcard model that you're using ? There's nothing in RR to mess with the mixer at startup.. I have never seen that happening (so I can't really de-bug it)... in any case you should be able to make a mixer preset to load at startup to take care of that.. I will double check the code..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

It happens on both my VIA EPIA 800 mobo and my Shuttle SV24, both running XP Pro. Only happens on a cold boot, works fine if using hibernation.

I've set my system to run a mixer preset

Comment

Alother case.

I have had this happen on a ASUS P4R8L (Pundit-R) using an SB Audigy 2 NX.

It only seems to happen on after a failed hybernation though.
        Installation Status: Complete - Tinkering/tweaking state
        Equipment: ASUS Pundit-R / Opus 150W / 1.6Ghz / 512Mb / 802.11g WiFi / SB Audigy 2 NX / XM / Lilliput 7" TS / Pharos GPS
        S/W: XP / RoadRunner / MS S&T2005 / Netstumbler

Comment

My mobo is Via Epia MII 1200 w/disabled internal sound card, and a SB audigy2 ZS PCI with KX drivers. Bluetooth drivers never used nor installed.
          Certainly, this issue only happens after closing/restarting RR, returning form hibernation state works fine in my carpc.
          The only issue I sometimes notice after hibernation is the audio browser skin partially shown (one quarter on the right of the screen remains white).

Comment

A curious note: cold starting RR wiht autoresume enabled, music sounds with right volume & balance, but RR display shows "Volume: 0", but pressing any volume button sound mutes suddenly. After this, pressing volume up button music volume goes right but sounds on left channel only. Switching to mixer, I have to center the balance and then all sounds fine.

Comment

This sounds to me like a driver issue.. I can easily make RR force the balance to center when starting up, but this can already be done by loading a preset.. I have personally used a SB Audigy 2 (with Creative drivers) and it worked perfectly.. both on cold start and with hibernation...
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Driver issue? I don't think so, because running Winamp only instead RR all goes fine from start.

Comment

An option to force the balance to center on startup would be great. I don't auto load a preset as it changes the volume level as well. Bit picky I know but I like the volume level returning to what it was when I hibernated.
                  Semperon 3200+/512MB/ Seagate SATA2 120GB
                  10.2" Xenarc/ Netgear USB Wireless
                  M2-ATX/RadioShark
                  BU-353 GPS Receiver

http://www.happyg.mine.nu/carpc/index.html

Comment

So you need that on hibernation too ?? I'll write it down then.. hopefully the "fix" will work (I have no way of testing since it doesn't happen on any of my machines)...
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Sounds great, thanks!
                      Semperon 3200+/512MB/ Seagate SATA2 120GB
                      10.2" Xenarc/ Netgear USB Wireless
                      M2-ATX/RadioShark
                      BU-353 GPS Receiver

http://www.happyg.mine.nu/carpc/index.html

Comment

This happens to me on my iBase MB870 motherboard also. Only on cold boot. Volume is a 0 and balance control is all the way to the left. Any fix yet?

Comment

you can use the start command setting in RRConfig to set the volume and balance at startup to a setting of your liking.. as to why it doesn't "obtain" the propper volume, I have no way of knowing... I'd suggest making sure you have the latest drivers.. there have been reports that some drivers just don't report the right values, and that it works fine after updating the drivers. Check Skin Commands.txt for the commands to use...
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Oh... I have had this issue ever since I got RR. I figured out that it had to do with resuming road runner after exiting with a volume set to 0. It would always mess up the balance to full left and such. Only happens if volume is set to 0. 1 is okay, muted is okay... But it ALWAYS happens if it is 0.

Comment

that makes sense... but still, issuing the command to set the balance in RRConfig's start command should ensure that it is centered (if wanted/needed).
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X