Problem reading phonbooks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem reading phonbooks...

I've got the latest binaries for RR and the latest version of PhoneControl installed. Now I can read the phonebooks entries within RR, from PhoneControl it works just fine and I can recall that I used to be able to read the entries from RR as well (don't know which version).

I the PhoneCtl.PB.SIM.xml all entries are present and I can see in PhoneCtlLog.txt that the I receive all entries in the phonebook when I do a reload but nothing is shown in RR. I've tried several different skins like BrushedMetal, Zots, Alpine and MMI and none of them show any entries.

Anyone got an idea???

Yes I've searched the forum for a solution and either I s****s in spelling or noone has ever had the problem with the current version.

Cheers,
    Zappa
    Carputer status:
    Collecting pieces: 75%
    Installation: 0%

Biketourist.com - No carputer stuff on the site yet..

I'll do some more testing.. I typically recommend leaving the callsfile setting "empty" but I have personally been using Phoco in the car without any problems (or so I think)..

EDIT: Just tested this and seems to work fine.. please make sure the Addressbook path and the Calls File path is set to BLANK in RRConfig -- This is to ensure it will read this data off your phone. Those options are only there for those with phones that cannot provide such info directly.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

You mean BLANK as in the word blank or just an empty row???

I've tried both and still no luck, I can still see that phoco is reading the entires but nothing is displayed...

I'll try and dig some more to see if I can find anything else...

/Zappa
      Carputer status:

Comment

Blank means blank -- nothing in the line.. can you confirm any other application working along with Phoco ? there's a setting in phoco that controls the remote connections -- if you messed with settings, I'd suggest re-installing it and trying again. Do you even see the signal and battery strenght on the skin ?? if not then you have some issue with interfacing with phoco -- perhaps the wrong phoco path setting ??
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I don't have any other applications using phoco installed at the moment.
          But I can see the signal and battery strength bar and they are correct, I can manually dial and answer calls via RR but I don' have access to the books..

I'll reinstall RR and Phoco today to see if it's working after that, all I've done is using the Siemens S55 special configuration from Phoco forum, I added it to the config file.

The strange part is that I had it working a few days back and then I've done nothing more with Phoco or RR then to add Zots skin and appearently it didn' liked that...

Ohh well back to the reinstall of RR and Phoco...

/Zappa
          Carputer status:

Comment

OK I've done the reinstall (yes I did uninstall first) and still go the same problem, tried with CentraFuse and it work directly no problem what so ever...

This is really strange IMHO...

Back to try and find what went wrong (www )

/Zappa
            Carputer status:

Comment

I still don't get this... The only difference I can find is that CF is calling
              Code:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
              2005-06-30 13:47:41 	RemoteCommand: <PhoneControl.NET><GetPhoneBooks/></PhoneControl.NET>
              2005-06-30 13:47:41 	RemoteCommand: <PhoneControl.NET><GetPhoneBook id=""/></PhoneControl.NET>
              2005-06-30 13:47:49 	COM: >AT+CPAS
              2005-06-30 13:47:53 	COM: <
              +CPAS: 0

OK
              Where RR is calling
              Code:

2005-06-30 13:41:54 	RemoteCommand: <PhoneControl.NET><GetPhoneBook id="DC" /></PhoneControl.NET>
              2005-06-30 13:41:54 	RemoteCommand: <PhoneControl.NET><GetPhoneBook id="RC" /></PhoneControl.NET>
              2005-06-30 13:41:54 	RemoteCommand: <PhoneControl.NET><GetPhoneBook id="MC" /></PhoneControl.NET>
              2005-06-30 13:41:54 	RemoteCommand: <PhoneControl.NET><GetPhoneBook id="SIM"/></PhoneControl.NET>
              2005-06-30 13:42:13 	COM: >AT+CPAS
              2005-06-30 13:42:15 	COM: <
              +CPAS: 0

OK
              To me the only difference there is that RR is telling what kind of storage place to expect calls to, whereas CF is doing it on the run...

Hmmm... I guess I have to continue to make some trial and error 'cause I don't wanna switch to CF since I feel it's abit too much to handle all the onscreen buttons...

Cheers,
              Zappa
              Carputer status:

Comment

Which phonebooks does your phone support exactly ?

Can you post this log you made using CF ? I only have a SE phone to test with (and it supports everything out-the box).. may be you need to go in Phoco Settings and disable the phonebooks your phone doesn't support..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

OK here it is..

But I'm having hardtime understand why this should have anything todo with it since all books work directly under Phoco, without trouble..

I uploaded the log from RR as well. I do have some trouble with keymap but in my crusade for the the error I thought it wouldn't make any difference..

/Zappa
                  Attached Files
                  Carputer status:

Comment

Well Guino don't scratch your head to hard as of now even Phoco starts acting strange. I'm gonna reinstall the complete machine tomorrow and then let us to on from there...

Many thanks for the headscratching so far...

Cheers,
                    Zappa
                    Carputer status:

Comment

Hi it's me again!!! (From which songs it that??? )

Sorry to inform you that it didn't made any difference after the reinstall, still no phonebook in RR but still I can read from Phoco.

I've tried with both BLANK for the phonebook settings and to put a valid directory in the path. No luck. All I can see now is that I still got an error in the beginning telling me that there's a image file for Phoco (Icons\2_Switch.png) I'll try and just copy one of the others and see if that makes any difference, can't really understand why but as of now I try anything (run naked thrown city, swim with sharks, even eat sushi!!! )

Cheers,
                      Zappa
                      Carputer status:

Comment

You've posted a full log for RR but a very incomplete one for CF .. can you post the full log ? (Possibly going through the phone book loadings and such..)..
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Having the same problem.

Phonebooks come back when using Phone control but when using RR nothing comes back. Have tried blanking out address book files etc in RR config but to avail.

Anyone got any ideas?
                          Regards
                          VIA EPIA M10000 LVDS 1Ghz Motherboard,
                          256Ram,80Gig,
                          Lilliput 7" In Dash Touchscreen
                          Panasonic Slimline Slot-in Cdrw/dvd Player,
                          USB Gps Reciever,
                          Belkin Bluetooth dongle
                          Belkin USB wifi
                          Carnetix CNX-P1290 60W Power Regulator

Comment

Me too I have A siemens M50

Comment

I can't do anything without 1: Knowing the model of your phone, 2: a FULL log file or RR And Phoco or CF using the phone.. I know for a fact SE phones work well (I have one)..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X