Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music resumes after hibernate but then it stops...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music resumes after hibernate but then it stops...

I have seen a few reports of this issue happening where after resuming from hibernation the music starts playing but then stops right after. I do have a theory about it but I'd like for any users that have such issue to post below the following:

1-Type of Sound Card (onboard/pci/usb)
    2-Model/Brand Name of SoundCard (SoundMax, AC97, SB Audigy etc)
    3-Do you have a bluetooth adapter and if so, do you use the WidComm Drivers?

I believe to have found the issue and I'm working towards trying to solve it but I need your help on finding a definite solution. At first this seems more like a windows/driver issue than a bug in RR.. so solving it will basically be a matter of building prevention against it in RR, and not fixing a "bug".
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

me me me.. I'm having this problem

ok, its on a dell laptop

1. onboard
    2. sigmatel
    3. onboard bluetooth using hacked widcomm drivers

I have also found if I disable the BT in the bios then the sound is fine. So its something to do with the drivers I think of the BT..

hope u can help

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, nobydy else seems to care about this issue lately... but if you don't use the Bluetooth audio as "handsfree" (using mic+speakers) then you can you can simply disable it on device manager (just bluetooth audio) and the problem will go away... it seems that WINDOWS resets ALL sound card handlers after a new sound device is "plugged in" .. which in effect, stops any music/sound playback in process... I believer this is also the reason for some issues when using a USB sound card.. Winamp doesn't have any protection against this issue, but other players (i.e. Mediaplayer) just might.. I'll try to add some sort of detection against this issue as soon as I have some time available..
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

ok.. update

I searched around and found a update firmware/driver from dell which they had withdraw because it installed the firmware and drivers in one go.. problem was soon as it finished installing the drivers it told u to reboot, even though it was only halfway done flashing the BT device.. so loads of peeps wasted there bt device..

anyway I indeed waited and now everything works a treat :-) even allowed me to pair my phone as a headset rather than a audio gateway

so problem solved.. well for me anyway

I'm happy again

thanks

CdR
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

cool... but still doesn't solve it for those with any type of USB audio devices (sound cards, bluetooth etc)... in your case it should be ok simply because you have no USB-based audio devices..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

well.. I have yet to plug back in my usb mini soundcard that I use for mic input up front.. will try it this afternoon

CdR
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I was having this prob too but it wasn't always that way...one thing that I did change was I went from IGLaunch to Skinbedder..

And from what I could tell...my prob went away...not sure if that what was causeing the prob...maybe when the IGL reconnected my gps mouse at resume, it interfered with RR/winamp??
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I keep finding my music stopped at odd times but have not managed to tie it down to a definate set of circumstances yet. I do have resume music ticked.

fwiw
                onboard ac97 on via m10k
                no bt at all

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Ad
                  I keep finding my music stopped at odd times but have not managed to tie it down to a definate set of circumstances yet. I do have resume music ticked.
                  fwiw
                  onboard ac97 on via m10k
                  no bt at all
                  Any USB devices (Specially those installed with/as audio device) ?
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

only the BU303 and the TS

Comment

only the BU303 and the TS

its stopped again this evening

Comment

fwiw
                        onboard ac97 on via m10k
                        no bt at all
                        I'm having the same problem as Mad Ad (I think). Resume/autoplay miss sometimes after restart/startup. I have Sony XA-300 USB sound out powered by my headunit, so the soundcard is disconnected often.
                        Experimenting with START/CLOSEWINAMP to reset USB Audio.

Also, a suggestion...Extend save, resume, autoplay support to STARTWINAMP and CLOSEWINAMP commands.

Thanks guino, your dedication is appreciated.
                        Athlon XP 1900+, FIC AT31 Radeon IGP320, 256MB PC2100, Toshiba/IBM 7.2K 180GB HD,
                        Sony XA-300 USB Audio -> Sony CDA-M600 HU, Integrated TV-Out -> Lilliput 7" Widescreen TV (CRAP),
                        Vector 700 Watt Inverter, USB Keypad Control, Windows XP SP2, RoadRunner

Comment

fwiw
                          onboard ac97 on via m10k
                          no bt at all

I have this MadAd but it is related to CPU usage when running embedded apps and they are processing in the background which sometimes causes the music to stutter or sometimes even stop.

Comment

hmm, ill have to watch that one, navigator does suck the cycles out of the cpu on loading... not had it happen since my last post, its very intermittent.

Comment

Ok this seems to be the issue I have as well.

On resume from Hibernate, music starts and then stops. press play it starts and stops, press play again it's fine.

1-Onboard
                              2-ADI SoundMax AC97 (Compaq EN SFF)
                              3-No

USB devices : TS,Bu-303,Gyration Keyboard.

Don't have this issue with MediaCar.

Comment

Working...
                              X