X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio problem with WinTV

hi guino,

i've installed latest version of RR.
    My FM Tuner is a winTV and I've checked this option in RR Config.
    Everuthing is working fine except the radio preset.
    If i click on one of my preset, it doesn't change radio frequence...

What could be the problem ??

What is the version of the wintv radio application you're using ? have you tried the latest version on Hauppauge's site ?
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

don't know the version, i'll try the latest this afternoon.....

Comment

hi, i've installed latest drivers from hauppauge but still have the probleme...
        Should i store radio preset in wintv radio application too ?

Comment

There's no need to set presets on the wintv radio application, but you do need to make sure you're using the latest WinTV radio application from hauppauge (the drivers don't matter the APPLICATION is what matters).

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/softw..._153_22033.exe

Then as long as you have the WinTV selected and the PATH set to the WinTV application (both in RRConfig) then it should work..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

hi, thank you for you help but the problem is still here with the latest application version.
            I noticed that when i add a preset n1 in WinTV radio application, this is always that preset that is loaded by default when i launch radio in RR. RR doesn't keep the latest frequency that were in RR radio last time i exit.

Moreover, when i try to select a preset in RR preset list, i hear a beep sound in my speaker. It seems like it would be a windows error pop-up but if i minimize RR there is no such pop-up. I've got the same behaviour if i try to enter a frequency in manual mode in RR....

I've got really no idea about what i could do...

Comment

you should have mentioned the BEEP from the begining.. this seems like there's an issue with RR trying to set the frequency (and that's the same reason why it doesn't resume the last used frequency)... what is your default language and standards format (control panel) ?
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

sorry about that but i didn't pay attention to this beep in the beginning...
                My language if FRANCE and the formats are in the picture attached.

Thank you for your help, you software and your patience...
                Great !!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

what I need you to do is to open the WinTV Radio application OUTSIDE RR, click on the FREQUENCY box and type in: 103,3 (using comma) then hit ENTER. Then try the same thing, but this time type: 103.3 (decimal point) then hit ENTER. Tell me which works (if any), then I can make the propper adjustements in the software.. I believe right now RR only sends it with the decimal point.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

bad news !!!

I tried but this is the frequency with dot that is accepted (103.3).
                    If i enter 103,3 it just get the 103.0 frequency... :-(

Comment

well... the code only sends it with "." (decimal point).. so it should be working.. do the rest of the functions (tune up/down, fine tune up/down, seek up/down) work ?? if so, this should be working just fine..
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

thanks, so i'll try to remove and reinstall wintv applications.

I've noticed another problem that maybe due to the same system configuration.
                        When i go into RR mixer (skin BMV2), there is no change in winamp equalizer when i click on RR presets (rock, rap, pop....) and even no change in RR equalizer.

On the other way, when i load a preset in winamp, the equalizer in RR mixer is changing correctly to be the same as winamp equalizer.

Have you got an idea ???

My version of winamp is a 2.78c
                        my OS is windows XP pro SP2.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58563
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

ok thanks !!!
                            So, there is no relationship between that and my radio problem...

Comment

hi guino, i found the problem. This is not a problem with dot or comma.
                              I have to change one parameter in default language and standards format .
                              On the language panel (2nd) i clic on the "details" button and i have to choose English as default language.
                              Then it works great.
                              The problem is that when i'm in English language, i could not enter special french caractere (as or ) with the mapmonkey OSK...

Would it be hard to make radio work with French default language ???

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X