RR hangs if OSKTOVAR is called from a popup menu skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR hangs if OSKTOVAR is called from a popup menu skin

Like the title said, if you call OSKTOVAR from a popup menu skin, RR will hang.

Likewise, if you call "MENU;mymenu.skin" from another menu skin, RR will hang.

Also, not a bug but when we call OSKTOVAR, can we have the current content of the variable populated in the OSK? Or maybe it should be an option.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

You should refrain from doing those things.. instead you should do something like:

"EXIT||OSKTOVAR..."

or

"EXIT||MENU;..."

the above should work -- there are just limitations as to what can/can't be done with a menu.

PS: I'll see if I can make that an option.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

guino, I have an external app that might load a popup menu in RR when an event happens (for example, USB stick inserted). The problem is the app has no idea if RR currently has another menu open already.

Of course I can send an EXIT before loading the menu but if RR doesn't have a menu open, it'll go back one screen, which will be annoying.

Maybe when loading a new menu, RR should explicitly close any currently open menu. That or have a command that closes a menu but doesn't go back on screen if one doesn't exit.

Thanks for the support.

(I'm working on the next version of the CFX skin, BTW, so that's why I have all these questions/requests lately. Please bear with me. )

Comment

I'll see what I can do.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I've added prevention against this issue.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

great. thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X