video_player menu doesn't hide in 7-8-06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video_player menu doesn't hide in 7-8-06

The video_player menu stays visible all the time. Doesn't matter whether you select auto_hide mode or you manually go click outside to make it hide, it doesn't do it.

I don't know if this is my isolated situation - I tried the same configuration on the old and new versions and see the problem only in the new.

After some poking around the code, it seems to be a change in the frmMP.frm that is causing it. This seemed to be the only change to this file, so I just copied the previous version of the file and built everything. That fixed it for me.

I don't know Visual Basic enough to understand what this change meant to do, but guino can you check this and maybe revert this file if needed? Thanks!

I built the 7-8-06 sources with just this change, and uploaded the UPXed rr.exe here if someone wants to check it out:

http://rapidshare.de/files/25591770/rr.exe.html

To apply the fix, replace rr.exe from your July 7th RR installation with this version.

It has to do with transitions, I'll have to look at it sometime -- should work with transitions enabled.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

and how does one enable transitions?

nm, found it

IS there any way to apply this to a single skin file? I tried using E,1, but no dice.
      CarPC #3: 99% Complete
      Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
      DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
      OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
      Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
      500+ full albums
      4,000+ video games
      music videos, movies, & more!
      old carPC

Comment

Sweet! So, that's what I have to do - turn transitions on

I just added "transition=9" to my rr.ini. Works perfectly. Thanks again!!

Comment

I added transition=0, its my favorite if I had to choose one. However doing so causes the video to lag. It works fine without the transition (p4 2.4) but with the transition in effect, when it goes to full screen, the video gets a little laggy. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by navank View Post
            The video_player menu stays visible all the time. Doesn't matter whether you select auto_hide mode or you manually go click outside to make it hide, it doesn't do it.

I don't know if this is my isolated situation - I tried the same configuration on the old and new versions and see the problem only in the new.

After some poking around the code, it seems to be a change in the frmMP.frm that is causing it. This seemed to be the only change to this file, so I just copied the previous version of the file and built everything. That fixed it for me.

I don't know Visual Basic enough to understand what this change meant to do, but guino can you check this and maybe revert this file if needed? Thanks!

I built the 7-8-06 sources with just this change, and uploaded the UPXed rr.exe here if someone wants to check it out:

http://rapidshare.de/files/25591770/rr.exe.html

To apply the fix, replace rr.exe from your July 7th RR installation with this version.
            Any other sources please...rapidshare is a ripoff
            Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
            Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
            Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

download the beta: www.rrdownloads.net/BETA/rr.exe
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                Thanks a lot for sorting the URL. Problem Solved
                Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Can any one point me to a copy of the /BETA/rr.exe file, I have this problem.

Comment

OK, will do, tho I find it hard to find stuff, there sooo much, link to thread would be good, but in the mean time I'll get searching...
                    tks

Edit: OK I found this,
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...ew-things.html
                    but the links point to a page not relavent to what we want. (looks like some hosting issue going on with Guino?)

Edit again, found a zip file... http://guino.home.insightbb.com/RoadRunner.zip

\v/

Comment

Working...
                    X