Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error reading internal phonebook in chinese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error reading internal phonebook in chinese

    There is an issue with rr phonebook editor,when I'm add a chinese contact, the INTERNALPB.xml save incorrectly
    If I manual add contacts that contains any chinese character, rr can't read all of it.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    That's a tough one.. :| may have to do with the MS XML stuff. I'll have to get back with you later.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

    Comment


    • #3
      The PhonePhonebook and the SIMPhonebook are saved correctly?
      _______________________________________
      Car installation 95% [■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■]
      Current project: Parking sensor USB interface

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes,it is.
        1.I have try to add contacts manually in notepad, and inter/phone/sim phonebooks works if xml is english only.
        2.And I add a chinese character, phonebooks goes to blank in rr, just like stuck.
        3.then I open pb list file, all data was erased.
        4.I changed the xml encoding option, but it no work.

        PS.phoco doesn't support my cell to read phone/sim phonebooks, so I setup to read static phonebooks only.Can intergration support for outlook?
        BTW, I know coding is a hard work, but I just can do nothing now
        thanks for your help

        Comment


        • #5
          a sample of chinese contact,actually not sure the problems from rr or phoco.

          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
          <AddressBook>
          <AddressBookEntry>
          <Name>家(Home)</Name>
          <PhoneHome>11111111111</PhoneHome>
          </AddressBookEntry>
          </AddressBook>

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, I hope I've solved the problem...
            Please download this release and let me know if it works.
            If yes, I'll add these changes in the next RR release.

            RoadRunner UTF-8
            _______________________________________
            Car installation 95% [■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■]
            Current project: Parking sensor USB interface

            Comment


            • #7
              GUSH~ IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!
              Thank you very much, Robby.

              Comment


              • #8
                nice to hear it
                I will add these changes in the next coming RR beta release...
                _______________________________________
                Car installation 95% [■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■]
                Current project: Parking sensor USB interface

                Comment

                Working...
                X