Problem with radio stations scanning and adding them to the station list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with radio stations scanning and adding them to the station list

Hello! I just download latest version 06.09.2006 of RoadRunner and install it. When I tried to SCAN LOCAL in radio mode RoadRunner start scan ...87,5...87,6...87,7 MHz and scanning is stopped, now I can't scan and add radio stations automatically, I can only manually set frequency and add them to the list. As I can assume, RoadRunner start scan frequency and when first station is found it can not be added to the station list for some reason and scanning is stopped. I use Radiator to run radio. Before this version I used 07.10.2005 version of Road Runner with same plugins for Radiator and radio worked perfectly therefore the problem is not in Radiator.

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem? I might to install previous version of Road Runner and forget about this problem but I can't do it because there I can't make russian language be visible in playlist (russian is my native language). But in new version I can't to run radio without problems. I tried in new version replace radio plugin (radio.dll) from previous version and nothing happen but when I replace roadrunner.exe, radio going to scan stations without problem and add them to the list but I can't see russian language in playlist.

Can any help me? As I saw best assistant here is Guino, right? Guino, can you assume where is problem? Thank you in Advance!

...and excuse me for my english...
    AutoPC.com.ua - Automotive Computers.
    CarPC - Kiev, Ukraine.
    See our CarPC projects.

Sorry for two same threads, it was mistake
    CarPC - Kiev, Ukraine.
    See our CarPC projects.

Comment

There has not been any modification change with Radiator support for probably a year. Same with language support. My best guess is that you've changed some setting in either Radiator or RR.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I noticed this also, tried to go back some version and it seems that the 06-03-06 version worked, but from 07-08-06 this has not worked...

I just replaced EXE, everything else was the same. Tried with WinTV as well as HQCT (i have both), same problem...

Comment

I honestly haven't changed anything with radio support, but I can install a wintv card and try it out.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I don't change anything in radiator, everything is same, scanning stations and adding them is not working. Please let me know where I can dowload 06-03-06 version? Thanks!
            CarPC - Kiev, Ukraine.
            See our CarPC projects.

Comment

Get older versions here:

http://myspotontheweb.no-ip.org/inde.../page0008.html

Comment

Thanks for help but this page was Not Found. Do you have other link?
                CarPC - Kiev, Ukraine.
                See our CarPC projects.

Comment

Sorry, try now, link was wrong...

http://myspotontheweb.no-ip.org/inde.../page0008.html

Comment

Guino, this has to do with ONSONGSTART, did a debug on the old version and compared it to the new, and the new had a lot of ONSONGSTART events while searching, the old version had none of this...

2006-10-13 06:57:43: Enter Exec: False, radio_player.skin, , False
                    2006-10-13 06:57:43: Que Exec: True, radio_player.skin, "ONSONGSTART", False
                    2006-10-13 06:57:43: Executing: ONSONGSTART
                    2006-10-13 06:57:43: Leave Exec: False, radio_player.skin, ONSONGSTART, False

EDIT:
                    From Requests.txt in 7-8-06 version:
                    -Improved ONSONGSTART to be fired also with radio/sat/video changes

This definitely has something to do with this problem...

Comment

I fixed it like this:

In frmSkin:

'Generates on song start event
                      CMDQue.Add Chr(34) + "ONSONGSTART" + Chr(34)

Just changed that line to:

If RSearchMode = False Then CMDQue.Add Chr(34) + "ONSONGSTART" + Chr(34)

Now it is working...

Comment

Thanks! you did a great job finding the issue!

I was suspecting something was executing. I as I said, there was nothing changed with the radio support -- this was a generic change that affected the radio indirectly. The best thing however may be to change the rseeking statement on top of Exec() to not stop the search if a command starting with "ON" comes in (because those are just events).
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

This works, if you move the statement below the dummy call, like this:

'This is a dummy call
                          If CODE = "" Then GoTo DoneExec

'If seeking Radio, quit it, but not on ON events
                          If Left(LCase(CODE), 2) <> "on" Then
                          If RSeeking Then
                          RSeeking = False
                          DoEvents
                          End If
                          End If

'Make sure Radio Search is OFF if not using anything allowed during searches
                          If RSearchMode And CODE <> Chr(34) + "next" + Chr(34) Then DisableRSearch

Also, can you add a RUpdateList to the "searchpresets" section, to clear the list before searching:

Case "searchpresets"
                          DoSearchPreset:

If RadioMode = 1 Then DLinkReset True

ReDim PlayList(0)
                          ReDim PlayListNames(0)

RUpdateList
                          RSearchMode = True

Comment

Maybe I'm asking like stupid, please tell me exactly where I must to enter this text? I can't understand, I do not know programming. Thanks.
                            CarPC - Kiev, Ukraine.
                            See our CarPC projects.

Comment

this had to be changed inside RR's code, I've applied the changes to the new beta:

http://www.rrdownloads.net/BETA/RoadRunner.exe
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X