X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Girder with Road Runner

6/2/05 EDIT: I just added DVD, MIXER, and PHOCO support

dvd and mixer are in there, but you have to assign the keys to get to them in girder.

4/24/05 EDIT: Added Video Screen commands with showcontrol button and tweaked Video Browser Toggle to work better. Also, added minimize and quit buttons...Working on phoco stuff next...

I don't have a touchscreen, so I had to make a gml file that would allow my Snapstream Firefly remote to control mostly everything in RR. Yet, I also wanted the layout to be simple enough so that I wouldn't ever have to look down at my remote. The buttons on the remote correspond directly to the layout on the screen so it's really easy to use.

So far, this file works perfectly for me and if you have a Firefly it should work great for you too, but if you don't then it's really easy to replace the eventstrings with your own button presses and I have included my Excel file as well so you can figure out how you want to customize yours first before you jump into the girder file.

Just a few random notes:

The only screens I needed were Main, Audio/Audio Browser, Vide/Video Broswer, Phone, Apps, and skin browser. If you want to add others, it's not difficult, just see how I did mine.

I wanted to be able to scroll around on the main menu, but there is no way for Girder to recognize which button you select and thus to enable the correct group and take you to the right screen (is there?).

It would also be cool if when a button on the remote is pressed, the corresponding icon on the screen would go in the ON position so that, for instance, when on the Audio Browser screen and the CLEARLIST button is hit, the icon would light up so that you know you cleared it, Guino?

Added:
    Universal gamma control
    Skin browser control
    Cleaner audio/audio browser and video/video browser transitions
    I figured out the audio/audio browser and video/video browser toggles.

You MUST have the Alarmtimer turned on in your girder settings for this to work.

I tweaked the play command from audio browser and video browser to run smoother. It shouldn't pause now after you select something in the browsers.

Suggestions? Hollerback!
    Attached Files
    Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Originally posted by contaygious
    I don't have a touchscreen, so I had to make a gml file that would allow my Snapstream Firefly remote to control mostly everything in RR. Yet, I also wanted the layout to be simple enough so that I wouldn't ever have to look down at my remote. The buttons on the remote corropond directly to the layout on the screen so it's really easy to use.

So far, this file works perfectly for me and if you have a Firefly it should work great for you too, but if you don't then it's really easy to replace the eventstrings with your own button presses and I have included my Excel file as well so you can figure out how you want to customize yours first before you jump into the girder file.

Just a few random notes:

The only screens I needed were Main, Audio/Audio Browser, Vide/Video Broswer, Phone, and Apps. If you want to add others, it's not difficult, just see how I did mine.

I wanted to be able to scroll around on the main menu, but there is no way for Girder to recognize which button you select and thus to enable the correct group and take you to the right screen (is there?).

The video/video browser controls are set up correctly, however, I believe that the video player gets in the way and prevents RR from accepting commands via remote. Same thing when in the App screen after you open an app. Guino?

It would also be cool if when a button on the remote is pressed, the corrosponding icon on the screen would go in the ON position so that, for instance, when on the Audio Browser screen and the CLEARLIST button is hit, the icon would light up so that you know you cleared it.

Suggestions? Hollerback!
    Thanks for that... I think there are now a few Girder file floating around inc mine... is it worth having another subsection in the forum like skins etc for remote control files ?

Guino ?

Terran
    My Project Site

Comment

Yeah that would be cool.

One more thing, I didn't need volume buttons because my sound is integrated with my steeringwheel controls. So if you need that just add volume up and down to your universal commands.

Comment

A Sticky should be in order for this.. there are not that many files ..
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
          A Sticky should be in order for this.. there are not that many files ..
          Does the same job - glad you agree... I'll put mine up later on

Terran
          My Project Site

Comment

OK I updated my girder file and posted it above. Works great with vide/video browser and apps now, thanks Guino!

Comment

Added:

uinversal gamma control
              skin browser control
              cleaner audio/audio browser and video/video browser transitions

Still trying to figure out a clean way to cancel out of the browser screens. Right now you either have to select something via play/select+ or go to the main menu and then back...

I'll look into this...

Comment

OK figured out the audio/audio browser and video/video browser toggles.

You MUST have the Alarmtimer turned on in your girder settings for this to work.

This will be my last file unless someone wants some specific changes...well until the phone screen works.

PEACE

EDIT: I tweaked the play command from audio browser and video browser to run smoother. It shouldn't pause now after you select something in the browsers. It should be good to go for real now

Comment

4/24/05 EDIT: Added Video Screen commands with showcontrol button and tweaked Video Browser Toggle to work better. Also, added minimize and quit buttons...Working on phoco stuff next...

Comment

thanks....this is cool, just downloaded yesterday, took a while to figure out, a little hard to understand readding the excel file, can you make an nfo file explain more into detail? Like I want to add another group for dvd, how do I do that? or another command to toggle equalizer on and off? anyway, thanks, this save me alot of time.

Comment

yeah i'll get on that...i got phoco working via remote now too. i'll post that up later.

The excel file is just so you can mess a around and figure out how you want your buttons to function (universal ones and for each screen) since you can easily see which ones you used already and what not.

I can put the dvd group and EQ in there for you to customize in the next girder file-no worries.

Any other Q's holler!

Comment

maybe a text file showing some examples? I really like to know how you have a button able to ouput different command depend on the groups, and also is there a funtion to disable/enable girder when needed?

Comment

well, if you check out girder while you are doing commands you can see how when you hit the main menu button, for instance, it just disables all the other groups and enables the specific commands under the main menu group.

i have no clue about turning off girder...

is there anything else besides eq and dvd? I got those and phoco coming soon...if you just tell me whate specifically you are trying to do I can help you out better.

Comment

thanks, no question right now.

Comment

but the excell file where to put?
                              for add new function what i do?

for example radio e tv button?
                              can i modify the excell file for add extra apps?
                              My Home page
                              Cartuper V2
                              Epia M1000
                              512Mb ram
                              Hdd 40 Gb 2,5'
                              Dvd recorder DL Panasonic
                              Lilli 619 7' with TS
                              SoundBalster Mp3+ USB
                              Holux Gpslim236 usb + external antenna
                              M1 Atx
                              Remote control with girder

Comment