SHOUTcast plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOUTcast plugin

What it does: It takes my SHOUTcast playlist and tells me which song is currently playing on each station. So not only can I see the title of the song that I am currently listening to but also the songs on the other stations in case I see something I'd like to hear instead.

How it does it: I have an .ini file which lists the ip and port of each url in my playlist. The .exe takes this data and parses the ip as if it were winamp. It then strips out the metadata with the title in it.

Future plans (in order of plan, I know some are easy and will be done soon):
    - removal of single quotes around song
    - ability to update .ini by reading playlist
    - ability to recognize and highlight the current playing song
    which will lead to....
    - ability to change "now playing" in all skins
    - ability to change playlist with songs instead of url's
    Attached Files

Sounds good, need more details to fully comprehend what you're doing and how.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Updated first post. Hope that clarifies a bit.

Comment

If your script interacts with winamp, you might want to try my modified RR compile for internet radio. This is an unofficial mod that has K8055 functionality removed and may conflict with some RR functions. It is based on the last official release (11-12-06) and allows RR to read Winamp ATF coding from internet streams. This only updates the current playing song whenever you reload the playlist, but it does pull the entire stream title into the playlist. See below:
        Attached Files
        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Gizmo, your link has expired. I am very interested in this, as a way to pull down Live365 broadcasts.

Could you repost, please?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jswalls110 View Post
            Gizmo, your link has expired. I am very interested in this, as a way to pull down Live365 broadcasts.

Could you repost, please?

Jeff
            O.K. I reloaded the Link. It should be good for another week, same disclaimers apply.

Comment

kinda cool I guess if you have good bandwidth in th car and all... maybe wifi? But cellphone...? 115kbps... buffering like crazy on a 128 stream for decent sound... am i missing something?
              03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
              Carputer Planning |---------*|
              Overall Implementation |---------*-|
              (Stereo complete)
              Computer installed and working

Comment

Originally posted by techeros View Post
                kinda cool I guess if you have good bandwidth in th car and all... maybe wifi? But cellphone...? 115kbps... buffering like crazy on a 128 stream for decent sound... am i missing something?
                I'm running 153kbps with compression, so 96k and below are best I can do until I hit a WiFi hotspot, then I can run up to 196k streams.

Comment

Originally posted by techeros View Post
                  I stream 128kbps just fine using Sprint's EVDO here in Boston

Comment

1munkey,

Do you have a link where I can download it?
                    I'd really like to use it

Comment

Shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you the script. There was never much interest so I didn't refine it much but I can help you out if you need to make any changes.

Comment

PM send. Thanks!

Comment

Hi 1Munkey, PM sent!

Comment

hello munkey, pm sent!

Comment

bump, please send a link.

s1

Comment

Working...
                              X