RRCam 1.2 released =]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRCam 1.2 released =]

I put together a quick release for you guys to play with while I work on revamping RRCam to add even more features and make it more customizable.

Whats new:

Version 1.2 8-28-2006:

-Added ability to mirror both horizontally and vertically (HMIRROR and VMIRROR are the commands). Enable testmode, and press the mirror button repeatedly =]
    -There is now a Version seting under general in config.ini so that you must now use the matching version of config.ini with RRCam.
    -Fixed the skin files (I left out the 'Mirror' button last release)
    -Also, there is a STOPREC command you can send to RRCam, which will stop recording, obviously. This is in case you wish to add a dedicated stop button.
    -Added a list drivers button to test mode. Use this to see what drivers are installed, and the correspondign driver numbers.

Now that I have access to real internet, no more funky firewall work arounds, just download and unzip to your skin directory.

Thats all I can think of for now, off to watch superbad =] enjoy!
    Attached Files
    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
    cashtexts review not a scam
    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

internet is out in my house! downloading in the car DSL is supposed 2 be out for 2 days! friggin OSK !
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Awesome, lemme know how she works for ya =]

Also, I finally had time today to sit down and work on rewriting RRCam to be more customizable and read labels from roadrunner, and after about 2 hours (or however long superbad is, because I was coding while watching that) I have label support just about working =] One or two small kinks to work out, and then I just need to copy/expand the code to work on multiple text sections, and that'll be done. Came along MUCH faster than I thought it would =D

Comment

Hi!

Thought I might give this one a try today but got some error messages:
        1. VideoOCX (VIDEO) - Driver can't be connected
        2. Unable to use MSVC codec for saving video. Please choose from an installed one.
        3. VideoOCX (CTRL) - VideoOCX not initialized (call Init())
        Any Ideas?
        Swedish site for CarPC's
        http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Is your webcam plugged in? Does your webcam work? Try changing the driver setting in config.ini to 1

Comment

changing the driver settings to 1 does not solve the problem for me. Still getting the errors.
            ----------------------
            Honda City

Comment

Is your camera video for windows (VFW) compatible?

Comment

I have tried it on my Vaio, which has in-built webcam. I presume the in-built will be VFW!
                ----------------------
                Honda City

Comment

thanks, it worked for me, one more small question though, is there any settings for where it saves the video and what name it has... when I click record I just get something like "cannot create file"!
                  Swedish site for CarPC's
                  http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

You need to set the paths correctly in the config.ini file. I think by default they are set to c:\rrcam

as for the file name, right now there is no setting to, but I am worrking on adding one. Currently they save in a date-time.avi style

Comment

mine isn't showing the picture.. only a white screen?
                      View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

That has happend to me a few times, I just had to unplug and plug back in my camera.

I wish I could be more helpful guys, but unfortunatly most of the gruntwork done by the program is via VideoOCX (www.videoocx.de) and it seems that they have just dropped off the face of the earth =[ I'm slowly working on moving over to 100% code so that I can get deeper in to the back end of things, but that is a long and slow process =/ I really really want to get there eventually though, because then multi camera support will be possible =]

Until then though, If you're camera doesn't show up and it should, then it most likely doesnt like the driver configuration. I'm going to make some changes for the next release to help troubleshoot problems, but because it uses video ocx, theres only so much we can do =/

Comment

Working Great!

Ok, Back on line again! Took em 2 days to trouble shoot the problem to a bad relay or something between here and the office or something...

The PuppyCam2.1...... Errr! RRCam 2.1 is working great! I changed a couple buttons around, and will use your advice on the Mirror capability to be able to use 1 button to go through the 4 states.

I also wrote a quick AutoIt script, that when the "Custom Text" buttons is pressed and held, to pop up the OSK to change the text, then writes the info to the config.ini. The custom text does not show up, until you restart RRCam of course. Is there a way to make this a "live variable"? If not, I can easily just add code to stop and restart RRCam after the OSK closes.

Really great work on this! It has turned into a fantastic plugin for sure!

Here is a screen cap of it with the latest options avail on the buttons. That is my 8 week old new puppy BTW (Explains the PuppyCam 2.1 reference above)

Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Lookin good =]

I can definatly add a command to reload the ini settings, so the text can be changed on the fly.

I'm hard at work on the next release, which is going to be version 2.0 due to major changes. Namely, some label/indicator trickery to be able to show/hide buttons based on ini settings. I also got the 4 custom text areas working with label support. =] Just having some issues setting the label code via the com interface, because of the use of '||'. \i think i may dig in to the rr source and see if i cant sort it out.

Im wondering if instead of an autoit script, if theres another way to get the OSK to come up to change the settings.. maybe a small application? I think a small add on app to RRCam would be better than having to install auto-it, because i really like your idea of changing labels on the fly =D

Comment

Nice work, again

I wonder if it would be possible to run the app twice, i can change the windowname and also de exe file i guess, but how do i start it twice in RR, does anyone now?

Comment

Working...
                              X