Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send position data to any server in real time

Hi,
    i'm going to write a plugin, that sends aktual position data (and maybe other) to any (mysql-)server (www or ras). Transmission should be via GPRS cause of cheap flatrates. Someone who is interested ?

Thanks
    mlsoft

hey
    sounds good, i'm in.
    i've done a little bit of programming myself, heading into mobile devices and such atm.

Comment

I played around w/ the same thing and had it run on web services/XML so you can easily make it run on any platform, web server, language, etc.
      Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Actually it gets data from MapMonkey's API. Written in Visual Basic 6.0.

Here some Features i plan or i have written now:

- transmission of coordinates, heading, speed, direction, timestamp
        - tourid, maut-information, info about load (for german commercial use)
        - car-identifier
        - timestamp

What i need:
        Someone who creates skins for embeddes using in MapMonkey/RoadRunner

Thanks
        mlsoft

Comment

of course there are more things that this software does:

- Every xx seconds it writes actual data to local database to transfer oder view later
          - internet- or ras- connection i handle dircetly wihout microsaft connection-manager (is not reliable enough)
          - by holding connection it is possible to send real GPS-data directly to any server to store or visualize e.g. for racing purpose / realtime tracking

mlsoft

Comment

i used the api in mapmonkey because its very easy to use, however i switched iGuidance recently. Look into reading the memory address of programs to get the GPS coordinates (I can't tell you how to do this, as i did not get that far). You'll be able to use any GPS software w/ your program.
            Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

GPS Tracking Log

Originally posted by warnockm View Post
              i used the api in mapmonkey because its very easy to use, however i switched iGuidance recently. Look into reading the memory address of programs to get the GPS coordinates (I can't tell you how to do this, as i did not get that far). You'll be able to use any GPS software w/ your program.
              There is no reason to pull the GPS info from either Map Monkey, or iGuidance. RR has this information built into it. Just use the RR labels:

"GPSLAT" - GPS Latitude
              "GPSLON" - GPS Longitude
              "GPSSPD" - GPS Speed (In whatever units specified in RRConfig -- Mi/h or Km/h)
              "GPSHDG" - GPS Heading (in degrees only)
              "GPSALT" - GPS Altitude (In whatever units specified in RRConfig -- ft or m)
              "DATE" - System Date
              "TIME" - System Time

This would make the plugin universal to any GPS software that users may be using with RR, Streets & Trips, Map Point, Destinator, Free Drive, NRoute, iGuidance 2.x, 3.x, 4.x..... you get the idea
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Yup, just pull the coordinates from RR as John said. Memory addresses in iGuidance jump around a lot so it's not reliable (I've tried this method when I was trying to parse the street names in IG).
                iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

I agree, just pull the coordinates from RR because its standard and not platform dependant.
                  New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
                  SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Comment

Originally posted by masch View Post
                    I agree, just pull the coordinates from RR because its standard and not platform dependant.
                    i didn't realize this was an RR plugin. If you are running RR, then thats a great way to go. if not, use xport to copy another comport and read the raw GPS data.

Comment

Originally posted by warnockm View Post
                      i didn't realize this was an RR plugin. If you are running RR, then thats a great way to go. if not, use xport to copy another comport and read the raw GPS data.

Hmmmmmmm well, This thread IS posted in:

MP3Car.com > Mp3Car Technical > Software & Software Development > Front Ends > Road Runner > RR Plugins
                      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                        John, you are on top of it today. I almost missed that one.

mlsoft, Is this going to be live gps tracking? With multiple cars? how do you plan to display the data from the (web server?) will the server show live or only updated data and/or last known location of vheicles?
                        Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Id love this as a built in section in the config file of RR - that when you have GPS and some form of internet connection , your given the option to upload the location at X interval to server , with username/password / port and maybe a few other info boxes to make life easy.

If this worked and i got it going the way i wanted , i would look into trying to make a website with something like google maps and the live GPS data on it for anyone who wanted to use the system.

Could have a private or public login system and basically free car tracking if things worked out well.

Comment

since it seems like u guys have missed it... there's already something that sounds "exactly" like this already running: http://w3btracker.com/

It's not made only for RR so u can read about it in the GPS section of the forum: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gps/...-tracking.html
                            Swedish site for CarPC's
                            http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Yeah Naesstrom - thats something i wanted which is great - gona install that and see how it works , but looks to be just what i wanted - can it be integrated into RR without the need for a Comm port ?

Comment

Working...
                              X