Online Check Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Check Script

The online status checker I was previously using wasn't working correct because I visit many places that block ICMP (ping). So I created this one that doesn't use ping. I've been using this one for a month or so, thought I'd share.... From the readme.txt:

Detects Online status and runs commands, set's vars, and set's indicators. This program runs the background with
    Road Runner, and needs to be started with RR (exectbl.ini) Extract the files into a folder
    (/Road Runner/onlinestatus for example). Configure the ini and set it up to start with Road Runner.
    It detects when RR exits and terminates itself (as with my other scripts, no need to killtask)
    The included ini is checking every 5 seconds and doing a simple weather refresh every 15 minutes when online...After 30 minutes without being online the weather becomes "outdated". Times are approximate. From the shock skin I use:
    weather button
    "BYVAR;NOTOUTDATED;=WTH<<w_tmp"
    Web button
    "BYVAR;ONLINE;=web<<=WEB"

SETVARONLINE=ONLINE
    SETLABEL=ONLINESTATUS
    LABELONLINE=ONLINE
    LABELOFFLINE=""
    ONLINEIND=CUSTOM_ONLINE
    SETVARNOTOUTDATED=NOTOUTDATED
    NOTOUTDATEDIND=CUSTOM_NOTOUTDATED
    URL=http://image.weather.com/web/blank.gif
    CMDONLINE1=
    CMDONLINE2=
    CMDONLINE3=
    RRONLINE1=RELOADWEATHER
    RRONLINE2=
    RRONLINE3=
    CMDONLINEONCE1=no
    CMDONLINEONCE2=no
    CMDONLINEONCE3=no
    RRONLINEONCE1=no
    RRONLINEONCE2=no
    RRONLINEONCE3=no
    CMDOFFLINE1=
    CMDOFFLINE2=
    CMDOFFLINE3=
    RROFFLINE1=
    RROFFLINE2=
    RROFFLINE3=
    CMDOFFLINEONCE1=no
    CMDOFFLINEONCE2=no
    CMDOFFLINEONCE3=no
    RROFFLINEONCE1=no
    RROFFLINEONCE2=no
    RROFFLINEONCE3=no
    SLEEPTIME=5
    EXECUTEEVERY=16
    OUTDATED=30
    NOTRAYICON=TRUE

Version 0.6
    http://n8sgarage.com/download/chevyn8/
    CarPC in my 82 Camaro. Dual core atom, M4-ATX, 7 lilliput, bu353 GPS, Reborn skin, punch 40/100ix
    MediaLaunch for RR
    Online Check for RR
    Locker for RR

Updated, works with DFX3.0.
    CarPC in my 82 Camaro. Dual core atom, M4-ATX, 7 lilliput, bu353 GPS, Reborn skin, punch 40/100ix
    MediaLaunch for RR
    Online Check for RR
    Locker for RR

Comment

Hi Chevyn8, Thanks for this, I'm having an issue with Netcheck.exe in DFX 3.0 where it just stays running, even though I have exited DFX.

I wonder if you can help a newby out and show me what to configure in the ini and how to make it start with RR? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Lots of different ways to do that....in DFX 3.0...open the exectbl.ini...
        Then add (After the CdLaunch line would be a good place):

"ONLINECHECK","RUNQ;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\onlinecheck\onlinecheck.exe"

Then change Extra programs from :
        "ExtraPrograms","CDLaunch||NetCheck||Counter"
        To:
        "ExtraPrograms","CDLaunch||ONLINECHECK"

This is assuming you put the onlinecheck folder in the C:\Program Files\Road Runner directory. The included ini should work with DFX 3.0 without a change.
        MediaLaunch for RR
        Online Check for RR
        Locker for RR

Comment

Thanks for your help with this! - gonna give it a go tomorrow...

Comment

Is the little autoit icon on the systray hidden? I am trying this script with my own skin. Cant get it to work.
            2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
            2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
            Sound Stage
            Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

icon

Originally posted by -zip- View Post
              is the little autoit icon on the systray hidden? I am trying this script with my own skin.
              you should see this icon in the system tray by the clock, when its running.
              if its not there it more then likley your path to launch , how are you starting the script from startcmd's in the rr.ini or onskinstart in the exetbl file
              Riderunner / Genesis
              Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
              New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
              Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
              Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
              Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

Actually, the tray icon is optional....the default is hidden:
                NOTRAYICON=TRUE --in the ini
                You can push ctrl/shift/escape and see if the task is running....or use JohnWPB's skin helper and check the status of the variables:
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...rs-helper.html
                MediaLaunch for RR
                Online Check for RR
                Locker for RR

Comment

Originally posted by carputer1 View Post
                  you should see this icon in the system tray by the clock, when its running.
                  if its not there it more then likley your path to launch , how are you starting the script from startcmd's in the rr.ini or onskinstart in the exetbl file
                  I put this in the exetbl:

hmm onskinstart, I did not use that, just put the command line in. I will try that when I get home after work.
                  2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                  Sound Stage
                  Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

hmm onskinstart, I did not use that, just put the command line in. I will try that when I get home after work.
                    That line 'tells' road runner that the command ONLINECHECK will run the command:
                    RUNQ;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\onlinecheck\onlinecheck.exe
                    Somewhere you need to have road runner run ONLINECHECK. For example onskinstart. You could have RUNQ;C:\Program Files\Road Runner\onlinecheck\onlinecheck.exe in onskinstart...however after you have some other onskinstart programs it looks messy. So, usually the run command is defined into a single word/command, then it's used in onskinstart or elsewhere in the skin.
                    MediaLaunch for RR
                    Online Check for RR
                    Locker for RR

Comment

2 ways here

leave the line you have now you can choose either of these ways.

add it to the startcommand in your rr.ini

if you have nothing in that line just put ONLINECHECK , if you do have somthing there add
                      || these between each cmd

or in your exectbl file leave the line you have and put

"ONSKINSTART","ONLINECHECK"

both of these will start ONLINECHECK for you, and yes there is an option for not showing the icon, but its yet to be invisable for me , dose'nt matter what setting i put there.
                      Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

Make sure you have the latest online check version...it hides for me.
                        MediaLaunch for RR
                        Online Check for RR
                        Locker for RR

Comment

got it working tyvm, will test in car tomorrow
                          Sound Stage
                          Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

yep that dose help

Originally posted by chevyn8 View Post
                            Make sure you have the latest online check version...it hides for me.
                            trust me lol...
                            Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

Updated version 0.4
                              MediaLaunch for RR
                              Online Check for RR
                              Locker for RR

Comment

Working...
                              X