Plug-in Worklog: PSUmonitoRR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-in Worklog: PSUmonitoRR

Carnetix p2140's come with an application to monitor the PSU and other valuable system info.

PSUmoni has an SDK Available and someone was trying to hack together a .dll for frontend integration, but I can't find anything about it.

I can embed it, but it's not "resizeable" so it doesn't work well, and it doesn't match the skin (fonts, colors, etc.)

I'm not that great at coding, and I could learn, and it would take me a few months to hack together something, but I know there are some great coders here that could do it blindfolded.

Basically, with the PSUmoni app, we can find out a lot of different things about how the system is running, and how the PSU is running:

It would be nice to have indicators for all the LEDs, sliders for all the voltage and current levels, and one for the PSU temp, and of course labels with the pertinent info.

I'm willing to help with what I can, and if no one is willing to do it, I am willing to be pointed in the right direction to get started.

EDIT - I am just going to now use this thread as my worklog for my progress. Check back to this thread for updates and a release soon. The plugin will be named PSUmonitoRR (pronounced soo-Mahn-it-er or pee-ess-yoo-mahn-it-er)
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

If i had one i'd gladly make a plugin for it. Since its nothing but labels, sliders, and indicators it seems likea perfect candidate for an RR Plugin.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I think the way the software is designed, you don't really need to have a unit to develop for it. Like I was saying, I am willing to learn, but not sure where to start.

I'm pretty sure it would be fairly easy, open up the SDK, find the info that's being output, create RR variables, done. It's a matter of doing all this that I have yet to learn.
      Car PC Progress:
      View my
      Worklog
      Road Runner Skins
      Website
      Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

well inside the source code package is an example extension plugin that does a very good job of explaining whats needed to create each RR element. Its VERY noob friendly.. i knew nothing about VB prior to looking at it

Comment

hmm... then I think my next day off will be spent looking through that.

(the source code from guino's website, right?)
          Car PC Progress:
          View my
          Worklog
          Road Runner Skins
          Website
          Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post

yes download whatever one is available (if there are none on the site anymore pm me and i'll send you one) and in the source folder there will be a folder called extension plugin example

Comment

I would love this also....

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post

It doesn't look like I'll get a good few hours to look through this until middle of next week.

Originally posted by pcpete View Post
                Me too! Will donate!
                Now there's money on it too, so anyone that wants to get this going before me is more than welcome to it.
                Car PC Progress:
                View my
                Worklog
                Road Runner Skins
                Website
                Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

suggestion

perhaps this proposed plugin could be designed to be user selectable to support all the data connected power supplies, M4-ATX, M3-ATX, DS-ATX, as well as Carnetix 2140.

This would make the plugin much more popular
                  TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
                  BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
                  BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

If you could post a link to the API/SDK for those PSU's I can look at it, and see what I can come up with.

I think it would be some of the most vital information that can be skinned alongside speedfan and similar system monitoring controls. It would also be nice to have some event triggers, like ONIGNITION, OFFIGNITION, etc, to trigger other events.

I'm still really new at coding, so this might take a little while to produce compared to the codevets that could do this blindfolded with both hands tied behind their backs.

So far the planned skincommands.txt will include the following:

Labels:
                    psuBATT_V - displays Input Voltage
                    psuBATT_C - displays Input Current
                    psuBATT_W - displays Input Power available (psuBATT_V X psuBATT_C = psuBATT_W)
                    psuPRI_V -displays Primary Output Voltage
                    psuPRI_C - displays Primary Output Current
                    psuPRI_W - displays Primary Output Power used (psuPRI_V X psuPRI_C = psuPRI_W)
                    psuSEC_V - displays Secondary Output Voltage
                    psuSEC_C - displays Secondary Output Current
                    psuSEC_W - displays Secondary Output Power used (psuSEC_V X psuSEC_C = psuSEC_W)
                    psuEFF - displays overall efficiency (psuTOTOUT / psuBATT_W = psuEFF)
                    psuTOTOUT - displays total output power (psuPRI_W + psuSEC_W = psuTOTOUT)
                    psuTEMP - displays PSU internal Temperature in C, but can be converted to F with the "C2F" tag

Indicators:
                    psuIGNITION - on when the PSU's ignition line shows voltage, off without
                    psuPULSE - normally off, but if a pulse input is used, on when pulse is activated
                    psuFANSTAT - on when PSU's internal fan is active, off without
                    psuDLYON - on after delay on interval, and remains until power is removed from PSU
                    psuACPI - normally off, but on when ACPI is activated
                    psuPOWGOOD - on as long as sufficient power is supplied to the PSU, off without
                    psuPS_ON - on when PSU is on, off without
                    psuBATT - on when Battery voltage and current are within acceptable range, off when overcurrent, or under/overvoltage
                    psuPRI - on when connected to primary output, and voltage and current are within range, off when output shows overcurrent.
                    psuSEC - on when connected to secondary output, and voltage and current are withing range, off when output shows overcurrent (overcurrent is shown on PRI)
                    psuOVERTEMP - off when temp is below 60C, on when over.
                    psuCONNECT - on when PSU is connected to the USB port, off without

Sliders:
                    psuSLD_BATT_V
                    psuSLD_BATT_C
                    psuSLD_PRI_V
                    psuSLD_PRI_C
                    psuSLD_SEC_V
                    psuSLD_SEC_C
                    psuSLD_TEMP

Possible other commands:

Labels:
                    psuSD_DLY_MIN - Shut Down Delay in minutes
                    psuSD_DLY_SEC - Shut Down Delay in seconds
                    psuDMT - Dead Man's Timer in Hours
                    psuDLYON_SEC - Delay On For remote output in seconds
                    psuBU_LO - Boot Up Lock Out time remaining in seconds
                    psuSD_LO - Shut Down Lock Out time remaining in seconds
                    psuLO_BAT - Low Battery protection limit in volts
                    psuFIRMWARE - Displays current firmware version

Sliders:
                    psuSLD_SD_DLY_MIN
                    psuSLD_SD_DLY_SEC
                    psuSLD_DMT
                    psuSLD_DLYON_SEC
                    psuSLD_BU_LO
                    psuSLD_SD_LO
                    psuSLD_LO_BAT

Button Codes:
                    psuUPDATE - Saves the current settings to the EEPROM
                    psuRESET - Resets settings to EEPROM defaults
                    psuJUMPERS - Loads PSU_JUMPER_MENU.skin to change soft jumpers

Depending on the SDK/API for the M(x)-ATX and DS-ATX units, there mey be more commands. This is looking like a lot of coding, but will probably be worth the effort.
                    Car PC Progress:
                    View my
                    Worklog
                    Road Runner Skins
                    Website
                    Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

If you haven't done that yet, you should be able to export the class into a .tlb file using "regasm /codebase /tlb P2140API.dll" then load it up to use it with the extension plugin sources.. or you could simply edit their demo in C# and have it send commands to RR regularly to set variables with the desired values -- just suggestions of course.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Great, now my noob colors come out.
                        I tried regasm /codebase /tlb P2140API.dll in Start>Run, and it couldn't find regasm.

The whole thing is a little overwhelming. I wonder if this can't be done in autoit?

In laymans terms, what I want to do is this:

read variables from program a, create variable in program b.

Obviously it's a little more complicated than that. If it can be done in AI, I understand how to create the variables for RR, but what would I need to read the info from P2140?
                        Car PC Progress:
                        View my
                        Worklog
                        Road Runner Skins
                        Website
                        Favorite thread EVER!

Comment