Coverjuke, (openGL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coverjuke, (openGL)

i found this gem couple days ago, been using it since then in my HTPC, it appears to be a lot faster and less cpu hungry than the flash version. with the combination of some scripts i was able to integrate it to road runner.
    the source is available at coverjuke's sourceforge page, coverjuke is written in C++.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6ANTeI68g[/MEDIA]

Credits to the creators "aurelbdx, cl3m and leberrem"

BUGS:
    builds database at start up, which means slow starts if music folder is really big.
    when selecting any left cover jumps to the first one always.
    Attached Files
    BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
    RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
    WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
    RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
    Bird York -- In The Deep --

Yea, it is a lot less CPU intensive for sure. It would be a great app if it didn't spend 12 minutes every time I start it in RR to scan my music though
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

this is very nice, like john said , and your self,the build of the db is a pain.
      need to suss out the db bit it would make things alot better.
      the only work around is to have it start on rr start, in the background . so it starts
      to build the db, hav'nt tryed that yet .

but what a find anyway.
      Riderunner / Genesis
      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

just downloaded v1.41 this solves the click on left album bug , in your ver El as you said , if you click on left album art it went to the last album on the left, this update solves that

the other problem i have found is the scr size in the ini. it automatically re-instates 800 x 480
        it dos'nt matter what you change it to , it opens and re-sizes it self back to default.

also reading the mess. he is looking into db save , so it dos'nt have to scan folders every time .
        sounds like this guy is on the ball. lol...
        Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

Is this skinnable or do I have to use the buttons at the bottom?
          New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
          New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
          "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

use the test skins , you will notice a C line this is for the clipped area of CJ
            CoverJuke (CJ) has the ilist flick scroll built in, if you tap the album in the centre this will set the list for that album.
            there are scripted buttons in the skin files these simulate next/prev have a look at the exetb.ini in the download for the other functions.
            i have just skinned this tin my skin and changed the layout at bit.

so in answer there are skinned buttons and app function to use.

open the CJ ini and set your music path, then close the rest is easy
            Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

OK from the looks of it, I just embed this in o Road runner

Comment

The thing is also incredibly slow. The play list that comes out from the side take about 20 seconds to display. Unless I am doing something wrong this is not too practical if you ask me.

Comment

something tells me you are using the internal player, in the package theres one little script that changes some settings in coverjuke.ini right before coverjuke is loaded, please read the README, all you have to adjust is this path in ExecTBL.

Code:
                  "COVERJUKE","LOAD;coverjuke.skin;CoverJuke;$RRPATH$Plugins\Coverjuke\CoverjukeLoad.exe;||SETTOPMOST;RR;TRUE"
                  BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                  RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

Comment

sounds like you have the internal player switched on in the coverjuke.ini
                    you should not have that switched on.

open the ini set your music path , scroll down to internal player set to false, scroll down to player path and set the path to the cover script in the coverjuke folder

eg .D:\Road Runner\Plugins\coverJuke\Cover.exe

then save and run coverjuke from the rr launch button is COVERJUKE.
                    in El's demo ver the list dose not show in main scr its a popup for the list.
                    Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

1 thing Don't embed this app use clip area, follow the test skin files, this will not embed nicely. so don't use AXX,XX,XX,XX,XX use Cxx,xx,xx,xx,xx
                      Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

creator

hello MP3Car fanclub,

I'm the creator of coverjuke!
                        I see your discution about it in Google and I found your integration really good.
                        If you would have any evolution in coverjuke just ask me and I try to integrate it in the next version.

By,
                        Mika (leberrem)

Comment

Originally posted by leberrem View Post
                          hello MP3Car fanclub,

I see your discution about it in Google and I found your integration really good.
                          If you would have any evolution in coverjuke just ask me and I try to integrate it in the next version.

By,
                          Mika (leberrem)
                          Mika, Isn't Google an amazing thing! Thanks for popping in and offering to better the app!

The only thing that comes to mind right away, that keeps it from being really functional at the moment, is the database build at every start-up. Once this database is built, can it be saved to a txt/dat file? This would make the loading almost instant the next time around.

One of the members of the forums here, BlueZX3, just created a music database plugin for Road Runner. At the beginning, it would build the folder list, albums list and artist lists from the main database at every startup. This caused a delay before you could browse or play your music. He got around that by simply saving those three lists to temp files. They will always remain good, until the database is updated. Part of the database rebuilder will then create those temp files again.
                          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by leberrem View Post
                            hello MP3Car fanclub,

By,
                            Mika (leberrem)
                            thankyou for offering your valuable help. as john said, the biggest issue that we have now is the database, in the flash version an Xml file holds all of the info, something like this.

Code:
                            <artworkinfo>

<albuminfo>
                            <artLocation>D:\\media\\Music\\freestyle\\Folder.jpg</artLocation>
                            <album>The Best Of Freestyle</album>
                            <artist>Various</artist>
                            </albuminfo>

</artworkinfo>
                            but anything based in a regular text format would be grate, txt, ini. once again big thankyou for creating CoverJuke.
                            RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

Comment

excellent the creator ,
                              1 other thing that will help is the embedding of the app, we use the window name to embed apps into our skins. when i tryed this 1st with your 1.31 or 1.13 version it did embed very nicely, but in this version (Your latest) it dose embed but the app does not play very nicely, the images keep moving down , i can not do a video shot to show your what i mean, if you can solve these 2 problems we will be in your debt mate this is a great app, loving it to bits. so ,so far mine request and john's request are the only 2 things i have come across so far.

and thank you for popping in and introducing yourself
                              Riderunner / Genesis

Comment

Working...
                              X