No announcement yet.

Anyone using the Winamp TV plugin in USA?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the Winamp TV plugin in USA?

Hi everyone,

I have a K-World USB digital tuner that is detected by the Winamp TV plugin ( as a BDA card so hopefully it should work. Unfortunately the latest version (that now supports cards with BDA drivers) requires a Transponder List in order to scan but the only lists available on the plugin's website are for Europe and Taiwan. The website points to a forum in order to download other lists but it has been down for the last couple weeks I've been trying.

Does anyone here have a transponder list for the USA that they wouldn't mind sharing? Or maybe someone knows how to make a list from scratch?

Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty sure that the values on the Transponder list refer to the channels frequency in Mhz, but after that there is a single digit number that I don't know what means, maybe the "width" of the channel in Mhz?

This is a sample of what the list file I've made looks like, with values pulled from and assuming the single digit is the width:

region=Miami - All regions

That last value changes on the lists for other countries to 6, 7 or 8.

Anyway, this list may be correct as is but I'm not getting any results when I scan, even though I can watch the channels referenced in the list with the software that came with the tuner.
    Anyone have any experience with this plugin that might shed some light into this?

got your pm , sorry unable to help i have this plugin working with dvb-t here in the uk. but as you have found out yourself you need a transponder list for USA, which at the moment i can't find 1 ,(very quick search) , otherwise this plugin still works very nicely , if i come up with anything i'll let you know.
      Riderunner / Genesis
      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning