GPSExec Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPSExec Plugin

Worked on a little tool/external plug-in for RR on my time off today..

This plugin is meant to execute any desired skin command based on the current GPS location (and optionally) heading.

Upon launching GPSExec, it will look for RoadRunner for 10 seconds, and if not found, it will exit.

If RoadRunner Closes, GPSExec will close with it.

If you wish to manually close GPSExec without closing/exiting RoadRunner, you can use the following skin command: "CLOSEWINDOW;GPSExec"

The source is also attached in case anybody wants to change anything with it. If you do make changes, please share!

You can find GPS locations for most addresses in the world on this page below (then copy/paste it to the GPSExec.INI file):
    http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoding.html

Please DO READ the .INI file...
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Guino.
    Attached Files
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Well, if I knew there was already one, I'd not have done it.. now it is just another option... I meant for this to be a tool to load settings/execute commands when going from a city to another such as loading radio presets, maps and so on.. Seems the GPS Events one may be more complete..

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Is it similar to this but runs outside of RR?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...ming-soon.html

Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Tiss...looks like someone (won't mention names) forgot to .... whats the word i'm looking for.....

Oh..ya search....

Just gives one more option like you said...
      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
      RRMedia
      RRExtended
      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Great!

Thank you Guino,

Now, someone could develop the fm stationList and everything else based on gps coordinates (maybe using a filter on Radio.ini - sorry if it sounds bull****!)
        If I had a little knowledge in programing...

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
          Well, if I knew there was already one, I'd not have done it.. now it is just another option... I meant for this to be a tool to load settings/execute commands when going from a city to another such as loading radio presets, maps and so on.. Seems the GPS Events one may be more complete..
          Quick trigger!
          I dont think the other one is ready yet.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by guino View Post
            Worked on a little tool/external plug-in for RR on my time off today..

This plugin is meant to execute any desired skin command based on the current GPS location (and optionally) heading.

Upon launching GPSExec, it will look for RoadRunner for 10 seconds, and if not found, it will exit.

If RoadRunner Closes, GPSExec will close with it.

If you wish to manually close GPSExec without closing/exiting RoadRunner, you can use the following skin command: "CLOSEWINDOW;GPSExec"

The source is also attached in case anybody wants to change anything with it. If you do make changes, please share!

You can find GPS locations for most addresses in the world on this page below (then copy/paste it to the GPSExec.INI file):
            http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoding.html

Please DO READ the .INI file...
            Happy Thanksgiving,
            Guino.
            Thanks Guino,

For your sensational job and this plugin who is a very good idea .

Thanks for all

Comment

Originally posted by aperali View Post
              Thank you Guino,

Now, someone could develop the fm stationList and everything else based on gps coordinates (maybe using a filter on Radio.ini - sorry if it sounds bull****!)
              If I had a little knowledge in programing...
              That was part of the why I wanted to do this.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                Tiss...looks like someone (won't mention names) forgot to .... whats the word i'm looking for.....

Oh..ya search....

Just gives one more option like you said...
                Actually, I thought I had seen something like that before, tried to find it, but no combination of the words: gps location execute command hit the gps "events" thread. In any case, I think this is a small background tool to configure once and leave it for awhile, while GPS events seems more user friendly and more hands-on.. no harm done..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Oh..ya search....

But at least they , what's the word for it, oh yeah, released.

Comment

How can help me

I Guino,

In the ini file I had these lines:

;My POI
                    -4.55262,48.44663,300,60,100,M,"FILE;$SKINPATH$GPSe xec\90.gif"

Can you give me an exemple of .skin file where a .gif or .swf is displayed when I arrive on the poi lat lon .

Thanks Guino

Comment

your calling the execute when the it is already executed, you need to call a popup or somthing and load that image

try this, if the image is in skin folder

-4.55262,48.44663,300,60,100,M,"LOADIMG;100;100;200 ;200;90.gif;OUT"

if image not in skin folder try this

-4.55262,48.44663,300,60,100,M,"LDIMG;100;100;200;2 00;c:\mypics\90.gif;OUT"

i have not tryed this myself just looked through the skincommands, by rights this should show the image in any screen
                      Riderunner / Genesis
                      Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
                      New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
                      Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
                      Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
                      Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Comment

That is part of a skin item line...(indicator)

This Executes a cmd, "FILE;$SKINPATH$GPSe xec\90.gif" is not a cmd.

And because of this PI's simplictiy, it would only execute when you enter the area defined, you would need another one spec the the same coords but with the oppsite direction heading so that it would also clear it when leaving the area.

My thoughts for on usage for this plugin would be mostly limited to very simple tasks that only need a single cmd, such as switching the fm presets when going to an area that the current ones no longer work in..ect..

I was waiting for "someone" to say .... at least this one is released alread...

I have been meaning to get to it, just got pushed back a bit with the whole JohnWPB accident thing, and the upcomming improvements to the skin editor that no one wants to update...
                        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

get to it, just got pushed back a bit with the whole JohnWPB accident thing, and the upcomming improvements to the skin editor that no one wants to update...

You're working with micro$oft to improve Notepad? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by carputer1 View Post
                            your calling the execute when the it is already executed, you need to call a popup or somthing and load that image

try this, if the image is in skin folder

-4.55262,48.44663,300,60,100,M,"LOADIMG;100;100;200 ;200;90.gif;OUT"

if image not in skin folder try this

-4.55262,48.44663,300,60,100,M,"LDIMG;100;100;200;2 00;c:\mypics\90.gif;OUT"

i have not tryed this myself just looked through the skincommands, by rights this should show the image in any screen
                            OK,

These exemples are for le GSPExec.ini file i thin ?

And for the .skin file, I define just an area where a picture can to be loaded ?

Comment

Working...
                            X