Serial Tachometer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Tachometer

Is there a way to show RPM based on the input of the serial port?
    I found this project and thought it could maybe be simple to implement it into RR as it is does with Mauri`s voltage and temp readers.

http://www.hroch.net/sidparal/softwa...cho/index.html

Either you'll have to make a plugin/application to read the serial port and send the data to RR or make it read from that application and display it in RR.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino, unfortunately, I`m out of programming.
      I hope somebody would find useful to read RPM and maybe wright some plugin.

Comment

you can do this a little easier without using up your serial port (can use it for better things, like controlling a Directed HD Tuner w/ mitchjs's cable) by using a fusion brain and FCC's frequency to voltage converter board...

just a suggestion...
        Planning: [|||||||||-] 90%
        Purchased: [|||||||||/] 99%
        Installation: [|||||||||-] 90% (when is anyone's project ever REALLY done...)

Comment

Probably a lot better since it won't require such an intensive (High CPU load) application running on the PC itself.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
          X