Plugins in VB2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugins in VB2008

Iím trying to create a plugin in VB2008 to interface RideRunner with a Venice digital radio. I have looked through all of the examples and they seem to be geared for VB6 or VB.net and I canít get them to work in vb2008. I have managed to create the RRsdk object and then use rrsdk.execute commands to play and stop roadrunner I just canít seem to get anywhere with the plugin interface.

Has anyone managed to get a plugin to work using VB2008 and if so can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    The epitome of Function over form and is probably the best Car PC in Europe.
    Visit my Homepage

are we talking the free edition? I dont believe you can register your plugin for COM with the free version.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Hi, I've got the full version of Visual stuido 2008 so its not the express free one.
      Visit my Homepage

Comment

There's an example extension plugin in C# that comes with RR (along with one in VB6). I have made an example VB.NET "SDK" example (to send commands/receive info from RR), but have not made an extension plugin in VB.NET yet.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hi guino, i've got the sdk to work no problems. i just have trouble getting the plugin interface to work.
          Visit my Homepage

Comment

This is a quick conversion from the VB6 extension plugin example I did.. seems like it works just fine -- now you have a base code to work with HERE.

You MAY HAVE to run the runme1st.bat to register the Class for RR to see it (definitely required on other machines than the one you compiled it) -- but won't hurt to try without running it first.

This extension name can be set easily in the top of the RRExtension class -- this one is MyExtension.NET.

Let me know if you have problems,
            Guino.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino, that worked a treat! I bow down for your greatness !
              Visit my Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                Guino, is that example in vs2008 or vs2005?

If vs2008 then can you do one in vs2005 as vs2005 won't read that one.
                This was done with VS2008 -- I can make a 2005 one as soon as I have some time to download VS2005 (which is something I'll have to do just for that) -- in any case, I would think that if you just create a new project and import the .vb files it may work just the same ? I'll have to get VS2005 to try it.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                  This was done with VS2008 -- I can make a 2005 one as soon as I have some time to download VS2005 (which is something I'll have to do just for that) -- in any case, I would think that if you just create a new project and import the .vb files it may work just the same ? I'll have to get VS2005 to try it.

It's alright, don't download vb2005 just for me.

I still do my RR in vb6 , it was just that there seem to be some things that people want that are done in vb.net. But others will do the plugins I'm sure.

Or I'll spend some time one day find out how to get 2008 into 2005.

No worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                    It's alright, don't download vb2005 just for me.

I still do my RR in vb6 , it was just that there seem to be some things that people want that are done in vb.net. But others will do the plugins I'm sure.

Or I'll spend some time one day find out how to get 2008 into 2005.

No worries.
                    I would have done it if I had found a copy of VS2005 express, but it's no longer available.

In any case I found this page:
                    http://geekswithblogs.net/etiennetre...ion-files.aspx
                    And this tool:
                    http://www.codeplex.com/Vs2008BackMigration

Which I used and resulted in the attached file .. if you can try this VB2005 extension plugin example, let me know if it works..
                    Attached Files
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                      This is a quick conversion from the VB6 extension plugin example I did.. seems like it works just fine -- now you have a base code to work with HERE.

You MAY HAVE to run the runme1st.bat to register the Class for RR to see it (definitely required on other machines than the one you compiled it) -- but won't hurt to try without running it first.

This extension name can be set easily in the top of the RRExtension class -- this one is MyExtension.NET.

Let me know if you have problems,
                      Guino.
                      I have tried the vb.net 2008 version to create a plugin . RR don't see it but it is well registered.

How unregistered please ? regasm /u /codebase /tlb GmailNotifier.dll ?

In my com explorer i found that !!!!

Comment

that error in com explorer is OK, com explorer doesnt handle .net com objects correctly
                        old app....

not to mention, its complicated how the os handles or wraps .net asemblies into com

regasm /u /tlb nameoffassembly.dll
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment